cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender File Adapter Content Conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working on a File to Proxy scenario. In the input file there are records which start with PBB , SAA ,PAI and ***ABC.

We need to pick only the records starting with PAI. Is there any conversion parameter available that can cater to this requirement.

The File format is something like this

***PBB645100 Cotisations à l'URSSAF

PAI31122011OD641110 AS177000

Need to pick record only starting with PAI.

Thanks

Samir.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206439
Contributor
0 Kudos

In the file name - put PAI*

it will pick only the files starting with PAI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Thanks for quick reply. It's not about file name but about the records present in the file.

Regards,

Samir

former_member206439
Contributor
0 Kudos

This logic should be applied to th ereciver system.

Once the receiver system got the file they need to put the logic to pick only PAI* record when processing the file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Thanks for your response. I am aware that we can handle this in mapping. Just was checking out if there is any other way out where in we can enter a convertion parameter in file adapter while doing content conversion so that it will pick only PAI from the file.

Thanks

Samir

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

How about converting those lines starting with: PBB , SAA ,PAI and ***ABC, to a separate nodes of the sender message? You just need to declare a key field name in the FCC parameters, and then a key field value (PBB, SAA, PAI or ***) in each Recordset's Key Field Value. See here if more details required:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/44/6713ec3f914ddee10000000a1553f7/content.htm

Thanks to that, you will not have to put any conditions in the mapping, you would simply use only one of the nodes (the PAI one) as a source in the mapping, while ignoring the rest. I think this is just what you wanted to achieve, isn't it?

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grzegorz Glowacki ,

Yes. That's exactly i wanted. Problem Solved. Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Samir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use YourrecordsetName.keyFieldValue.

hope this helps.