cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete legal unit from license master

0 Kudos

Hi all

I am in upgrade process of our GTS system to GTS 10.0. In the quality system i am not able to delete the legal unit from the license master. I tried to delete it with the delete button given there on master and also by delete button on my keyboard. When i use SAP provided delete button, i get an error message saying Legal Unit is already assigned to the document. But i have not assigned legal unit to any document. When i use the delete button my keyboard after selecting the legal uni line, it looks like the LU is deleted but it comes back at the bottom.

Also our production is still on GTS 7.0, there i tried to delete the same legal unit from master, it got deleted without any issue. Our Quality system just got refreshed also from production so data and config is all same. Only difference is Quality is GTS10.0 and Production is GTS 7.0.

Please help.

Thanks

Dushyant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This means that the license is already assigned to a document.  First, go to "Maintain Legal Control Data" and delete the license from the document it was assigned to.  Then delete the LU.

You may need to delete ALL assignments before you can delete the LU, but I am not certain about that.

Good Luck!

Doug