Did you mean: 

How to Assing Variant to Users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

My senario is that:

Our company has many Branches: Branch1, Branch2, u2026

Branch1 has User1; Branch2 has User2,u2026

Key Figuresu2019 Data need to be copy from DP to SNP for further calculation in SNP.

A supper user uses Tcode u201Csapapo/TSCOPYu201D to create Variants for copying Keyfigure data from DP to SNP:

-Variant1: Copy Key Figure 1: All Products of Location Branch1 from DP to SNP

-Variant2: Copy Key Figure 1: All Products of Location Branch2 from DP to SNP

-u2026.

Variants will be assigned to Users as following:

-Variant1 to User1 of Branch1

-Variant2 to User2 of Branch2

-u2026.

User1 can choose Variant 1 only. System must prevent him from choosing other unassigned Variants. Similar rule will be applied to other Users.

My Questions are:

1.In APO, How to assign variant to User and restrict user to use assigned Variant only?

2.How to configure screen u201CSAPAPO/TSCOPYu201D as following:

-Super user can create variants and work with all fields and buttons: Slection Condition, Grouping Condition, Key Figure Assignmentu2026

-Users who are not supper user can choose Variant and work with some fields only, like: u201CPeriod: Fromu2026. Tou2026.u201D. They can not work with other fields and button like: Selection Condition, Grouping Condition, Key Figure Assignmentu2026

Please help me on these questions.

Thanks very much for your help!

Duyennx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Duyennx,

As far as I think, it would be extremely complex to change the standard report to suit your need.

Variant assignment to a user still MIGHT have a simpler possibility, but limiting access to be able to change only certain fields would be very complex (even if it's possible).

Better approach (only if this is extremely important for you) would be to create a custom transaction where your users (other than super users) should be able to specify only the fields which they are allowed to change and then would be able to run the copy job from this custom transaction. In the background, your code would take care that the user is only able to see the variant relevant for him. You can "display" him the fields that he is not allowed to change, and fields which he is allowed to change would be in editable mode for him.

Or, if they are not supposed to run the job, then you could create a custom transaction that would allow them to update only the variant relevant to them, and then the jobs could be scheduled through your scheduling tool (or whatever way you use).

The superusers would have access to and would use /sapapo/rtscopy directly and they can modify anything there directly. No need to plan for them in the custom transaction.

If this kind of option looks ok for you, then your ABAP persons should be able to take care of this.

PS: You could possibly use FM RS_VARIANT_CONTENTS to read the data for the variant/report. This is a simple function module.

And you could possibly use the FM RS_VARIANT_ATTR_SAVE to change the variant as per the user inputs on your selection screen. This might be a bit tricky to use, and your ABAP person will need to understand the use.

Thanks - Pawan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Duyennx,

If your business requirement can be met with dynamic dates of variants, your super user can define end user specific background job (SM36) assigned to a batch job user with appropriate authorizations. In this way, you can restrict user to access /SAPAPO/TSCOPY but the user is allowed to execute it with predefined settings indirectly. This job can be scheduled or end user can execute it manually.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pawan and  Rajesh,

Thanks very much for your helpful answers.

Please other Experts give more suggestion for me.

Thanks,

Duyennx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Duyennx

I think this may be possible by using variant group and assigning users to each varaint group. Please check the steps in the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/46/8ad21834a801dce10000000a1553f7/content.htm

Thanks,

Prasun