cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria Environment setup and technical pre-requisites

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Could anyone help in providing the environment setup/technical pre-requisites for setting up the Afaria and its components?

We wanted to implement it in our production environment. Went through the Sybase documentation and got some overview on it. Would appreciate if some one share the documentation implemented in their environment.

Regards,

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shival_tailor
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

In-case if you are still looking for this information, here is a document for 6.6 FP1. An updated version for Afaria 7 will be uploaded soon.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-25737

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Shival

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shival,

I have a question about Afaria 7 parts.

Is it possible to install API ve AdminUI in different server than Afaria 7 Server?

I tried it but i get some error when try to open Afaria Admin Page. Such as:

###############################
Error accessing Afaria Administrator

Database service is not available.

Click here to reload the home page.

Show detail

###############################

And here is the detail:

###########################################################

Server Error in '/Afaria' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RoleMgr.Initialize, Database not available
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: RoleMgr.Initialize, Database not available

Source Error:
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:
[Exception: RoleMgr.Initialize, Database not available]
   Afaria.Admin.Utilities.RoleMGR.Initialize(HttpSessionState session, String User) +794
   Afaria.Admin._Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +449
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +11424383
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3064

###########################################################

Have you any idea about how can troubleshoot and solve this?

shival_tailor
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tevfik,

Did you check Knowledgebase Article ID #8063? This may help you to resolve your issue. Following is copied from the above link for reader's reference:

#################

SYMPTOM:
Opening the Afaria 7.x AdminUI fails with the Error "Error accessing Afaria Administrator: Access denied."

CAUSE:
The browser attempted to login to the Afaria Admin using the logged on Windows account and it is NOT the Afaria service account.

SOLUTION:

1. Open the windows services menu (start -> run -> services.msc)
  2. Note down the useraccount running the Afaria Services
  3. Log off the logged on account (start -> log off)
  4. Click to Switch User
  5. Log on to Windows using the Afaria service account
  6. Open the Afaria Admin UI again
  7. Open the Server tab -> click to the Role edit icon -> highlight the Administrators group -> click to Edit.
  8. Switch to the Users tab -> type in the "normal" User to use as Windows logon user in this format " domain\username " -> confirm with the green check icon -> save your setting.

#################

Best Regards,

Shival

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shival,

I check that KB. but I already login to windows server with Afaria service account.

But still get same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tevfik,

I can see this is the old topic, but I have the same problem as you.

I wonder if you have found solution so far? I am having trouble with it for a few days and I am out of any ideas by now.

I have Afaria server, Afaria administrator and SQL DB on three different windows 2008 r2 machines. And I also use the same account for everything (it is also a domain/enterprise admin account).

This might be interesting:

I have notice that when I install everything (server, admin and sql) on the same machine it works...

I really hope you can help me, and I would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks,

Sveta

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I ınstalled all components on same server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Tevfik, I did it this morning and it's ok.

Still, it is interesting how it doesn't work when admin is separate...

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

if you dont mage so big data no need to separate roles of afaria server i think