cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password not sent with mail during creation of new acct on GRC 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

When a new user is being created and when his access has been approved and he gets the closing mail the system is not sending a password mail or password with that closing mail.

Is there some setting which needs to be done for this to be able to send out password with mails.

When I do just a PSS it sends out mails to users.

Thanks

Uday

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked "Maintain Provisioning Setting" in SPRO? I think, the option Maintain global provisioning configuration will help.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer to SAP Note 1617371 and 1578837 (assuming you are on SP03/4) for the detail Configuring Password Self-Service in GRCAC10 and Password Self-Service Email to ensure that the set is done as intended.

Also check that your SAPCONNECT/SCOT and SOST etc settings have been configured correctly.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member541582
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

I have the same problem. Note 1588079 address this problem, but didn't fix it. My problem is that END_OF_REQUEST is missing in the selection list. We can find the value in table GRFNMWNOTIEVENTT, but a it is for some reason hard coded to be omitted from the selection. We are on SP6.

A support ticket has been raised and I will let you know when I have a resolution.

Good Luck,

Vit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I misunderstood the issue,

Are you using the standard SAP Access Request MSMP workflow? Check the email templates that are being used to notify the end user at the close of the request. There are 2 variables that you can use:

1) PROVISIONING - Provides recipient of all provisioned details, including new password.

2) PROVISIONING_WITHOUT_PASSWORD - Provides recipient of all provisioned details, excluding the password.

If neither of these appear within the template, you can edit the email templates and amend or add the context of the notification, including variables via SE61.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Faisal,Kaushal and Vit.

I am on SP7 and Vit I also have the exact same issue not able to see End of request as per your note.I will wait for your reply as to what SAP says for this.

Kaushal let me look at your solution to see if that will fix and report back on this.

Thanks

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kaushal,

I checked and found that %PROVISIONING% param is available in the mail sent out to users but still not generating passwords.

Thanks

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the notification emails, do you get details of the new User ID created and the roles assigned per system etc? We had issues earlier in a project when creating the POC system as the notifications would provide the message "Error In Provisioning" whilst the Application logs stated everything was created and provisioned correctly.

I noticed that you have issues in being able to assign a "End of Request" e-mail notification in the first step of the MSMP config. It may be worth getting in touch with SAP.

As you are on SP07, the notes I had to implement are not applicable as they were all included into the SP07 release.

It might be worth checking with Basis that the password parameters have been set up for the system password wizard etc.

Will update the forum thread if I find anything to share.

All the best