cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AWUS - Needs a Notification Icon or Dialog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem (suggestion) I am posting is that when SAPGui AWUS starts at pc boot, and the user does NOT logon right away, AWUS will check for updates and if found with no interactive user logged in, will install them. The user when they logon sees nothing to indicate an update is in place and may un-dock their laptop or try to run SAPGui components and this will often cause update failures. There needs to be some notification when AWUS starts an update before a user is logged on. I have opened Customer Support Message: 0000218223 on the matter. Regards, Bob H Minneapolis, MN P.S. I am running latest SAP SETUP 9.0 w/ AWUS patch

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Bob,

do know how AWUS know which package to initiate when there is an update on the server with multiple packages? Especially when when you have several servers indexed.

thanks

Larry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Larry,

I believe it checks the xml file in the setup folder against the one on the client.  The name escapes me right now but I think it is SAPPackageSetup.xml or something like that.

I had 7 packages on my servers.  Updating any particular one, only resulted in the update being received on the clients which had that particular package installed.

I am no longer with General Mills due to restructuring so not checking this forum frequently anymore.  Busy looking for a job

Good luck!

Bob

jude_bradley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry to hear that,Bob,

Good look finding a new job.

Jude

0 Kudos

sorry for the late reply, but I've been out. I'm sorry to hear that but I'm sure its their lost.

Larry

jude_bradley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bob,

Appreciate your feedback.

I've checked with DEV, and it will be implimented in patch 6 of NwSapSetup 9.0.

This is due to be released next week.

regards,

Jude