cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding HANA -Authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In HANA how to find which privilege is required for a specific purpose.for example if I am trying to create a SCHEMA I get an error which says that I am not authorized or don't have sufficient privileges in that case how do I find what is missing from my profile .

Thanks

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jody and Murali Thanks for your pointers,

The mentioned documents explain how the Security is designed in HANA , but my concern is if a user face an authorization issue ,how can he find what is missing in his user profile , is there any way .For example while executing a report on Analytical view there are several objects in the database for which user need access to.

If the user does not have access to one of the tables which is part of analytical view, how does one can trouble shoot what is missing from his profile , does the user need to check for every thing which falls under that path or is there any way to find the missing access. Otherwise your answers were helpful.

Thanks

hai_murali_here
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

As of today,whenever you have some missing privileges for your user,HANA studio will throw an error like

Error Executing Query: SAP DBTech JDBC: [2048]: column store error: search table error: [2950] user is not authorized

It wil not clearly say like what is missing and which privilege has to be added and where,etc for the user in order to avoid authorization erors.

Hope this will be addressed in the upcoming versions of HANA Studio.

Rgds,

Murali

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh

To find out the trace file in rev 60, follow below procedure.

go to Administration and Trace configuration, Give the user name in user specific trace and save it.

Now perform the activity.

to check the missing authorization in trace file got to Diagnosis mode and try to find out latest index server. you will have missing authorizations there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Murali looking forward for these answers in the next version of HANA.

Thanks Once again.

hai_murali_here
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Basically there are four types of privileges in HANA

System Privileges (restrict the actions in the HANA database)

For E.g u201CUSER ADMINu201D; u201CCREATE SCHEMAu201D

SQL Privileges (restrict access to data containers which are schemas)

For E.g. u201CSELECT ON <table>u201D; u201CDROP ON <schema>u201D

Analytic privileges (row-level security for data models)

For E.g. see only data for LOCATION "US"

Package privileges (restrictions in the modeling area)

For E.g. edit / activate data models in package

For more details....Refer

SAP HANA Overall Security Guide - http://help.sap.com/hana/hana1_sec_en.pdf

SAP HANA Database - Security Guide - http://help.sap.com/hana/hana1_imdb_sec_en.pdf

Rgds,

Murali

0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Please refer to the SAP HANA Security Guide, specifically the chapter on Authorizations:

http://help.sap.com/hana/hana1_imdb_sec_en.pdf

Cheers,

Jody