cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from BI 7.01 ABAP+Java to one Java and one ABAP.

0 Kudos

Hi experts!.

We have a dual-stack BI installation (ABAP+JAVA). For performance reasons we want to divide the installation in two servers, one for the ABAP stack and other for the JAVA. I'm reading the "SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Java including Enhancement Package 1 on

Windows: Oracle" installation guide and I'm missing. It's possible to install a AS Java for the java stack and connect it to the AS ABAP with the database?, or we should install a Java dialog instance and connect it to AS ABAP?. Which guide/blog/wiki we can follow in order to understand the installation process?.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, during java installation, you will get a option to choose your User Management Engine(UME), the options will be a) use java databse b) use ABAP. Go for the second option.

Regards,

Sonia

0 Kudos

Thanks so much for your help Sonia. I will go forward with the installation of both servers and follow your instructions.

Best regards.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

In my case I'll use the tool from HP (smoth Transition) to export the ABAP and sapinst to export the java .... anyone ever tried this method?

Thanks

Douglas Santos

0 Kudos

Hi again.

Reading the SAP guide I have another question. Is possible to migrate the database of our original system ABAP+JAVA to this new landscape one ABAP server + one JAVA server using standard SAP tools like export?. If not what will be the procedure for this?.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know you cannot move ( migrate in your terms) data from ABAP+JAVA systems to separate ABAP and JAVA systems. The procedure I had mentioned above was for fresh(new/vanilla) installation. You cannot export only ABAP or only JAVA,  to import into your new systems. You need to export both ABAP and JAVA.

Regards,

Sonia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check out the dual stack split tool recently released

Note 1561421 - Dual-Stack Split (2.0) for Systems Based on SAP NetWeaver

Regards,

Shantanu

0 Kudos

Hi Shantanu.

Thanks for your advice. Yes I am using Dual-Stack Split Tool. You can see this blog where Nicholas Chang has post a very usefull how-to guide (only the first part).

http://scn.sap.com/community/technology-innovation/blog/2012/01/16/technical-guide--dual-stack-split...

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The solution to your query is to install a complete ABAP system in one server. Once done, install a Java system in another server , and provide the UME as the ABAP database. Here you have the option of using a single DB ( going with MCOD option) or having separate DB for Java system. These options can be found in a SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EHP1 Java installation guide.

Regards,

Sonia

0 Kudos

Hi Sonia.

Thanks for your quick response. As I can understand we should install two standalone systems (one Java and one ABAP) and during the installation of Java system we will configure Java to use ABAP database?.

Best regards.