cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version Management for SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I need to maintain Version Management for SD. My client's requirement is whenever they change Quotation or Sales order they get version number.

E.G

Quotation Created -

> 10

Change Quotation -

> 10.1

Change quotation again -

> 10.2

just to remember the purpose of changing Quotation . Is it possible to do in SAP SD.

Regards

SD1000

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank for the steps but i am not able to find Sales Version in the given path i am using ECC6.0

IMG - SD - Sales - Sales Doc - Sales Order Version - Configure Sales Order Versions

There is no sign of sales order version. Please help me out with it.

Regards

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then I would suggest you, write to SAP for the same.

Regards

JP

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Kindly check the Customizing menu for the Sales order version in Sales and Distribution-Sales documents-Sales order Version.

Under that we have the,

Configure Sales Order versions

Define Attributes of System messages

Maintain workflow for Sales order versions.

Sales Order Version configuration:

Column 1: Assignment of sales order

version type to sales order type

Column 2: u201Eu201C = version is deleted after

transfer to the item

A = copy isnu2018t deleted

B = User decision

Column 3: A = New version of item

before transfer is done

u201Eu201C = no action

Column 4: Flag = Activate the status

management for versions

(see help F1)

and at Sales order level click the Edit -Additional functions-Version data- Transfer /compare/Copy/overview

You can create manually a version u2013 mark the required

Item line(s) and use the displayed menu

- With transfer you create a

new version, with compare you can compare documents

(version and original, with copy you overwrite the sales

Order item with the version data, with overview you can

display all assigned versions

Kindly check it and revert back.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not possible in standard SAP. But, with enhancement it can be done. A new zfield can be created in the Additional Data B tab of Quotation and the version numbering can be maintained there. During creation of Quote, the number will be 1.0 and everytime the quote is changed, the number should be changed based on the logic in the custom code (in user exit).

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, But can you tell me how to do it in SD like i know version management is available in MM but not in SD, Anything you know please share it, My client need this function .

one more question need to ask . I am using LUMF for sales bom and i dont want to use MWST for main item just want to use for raw material but when Sales bom entered it says mandatory condition type MWST is missing i dont want to use at header level i need it at component/Raw material level.

Best Regards

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Query 1. Working with quotation version

Generally, version for sales order is used for SAP Mill Products.

So to have that functionality for your quotation.

Configuration

- Copy Standard sales doc type for VSH1 for sales version doc to create version doc for Quote, say, ZVQT.

- and all coresponding configuration which is requiored for introducing a new sales doc like allowing sales doc for desired sales area, number range, Item catergory determination similar to that of Quotation item category determination, pricing, copying control from QT to ZVQT and vice versa.

- Configure Sales Order Versions

To do this follow following path in SPRO

IMG - SD - Sales - Sales Doc - Sales Order Version - Configure Sales Order Versions

Here, you assign Sales Doc QT to the version sales Doc ZVQT

Process

1. In sales order (VA02), in menubar go to Edit - Additional Functions - Version Data - Transfer

2. This will create a new document for ZVQT as a new version with reference to our original Quotation (QT) with item data.

3. We can make changes in our version document (ZVQT).

4. Once we confirm the changes, we can copy the version to our original Quotation.

5. Further multiple verisions of the quotation can be created and compare the same.

Query 2. Bill of Material - LUMF

I hope your item cat determination for LUMK is

Sales Order

- Item Cat Group

- Higher Item Cat

- Def Item Cat

OR

LUMF

TAP

OR

LUMF

TAP

TAN

So, if you are using TAP as higher Item Cat.

Then you need not worry on pricing at the higher level,

As, Item Cat TAP is not relevant for pricing.

Thus, that item has Statistical relevance.

Regards

JP

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jyoti for your detailed reply.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member490758
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

I was able to create the version document as per the logic provided by you . thanks .I have two clarifications.

Clarification 1.

I create a quotation 111 with quantity 1kg.I create the version document 112 ( assigned the same number range) and make change to qty as 2Kgs.

I copy the changes to 111 after comparison.Now i create one more version document for 111 with version doc no : 113 and make changes to qty as 3kg.

After copying the changes to quotation 111, i find that i loose track of the initial quotation created with 1 kg.

Is this the standard behavior of version management that once i copy the changes and save the document i cannot know the initial status of the original document (in this case quotation 111).

Clarification 2.In which table can i find the version documents stored . In this case 112 and 113. Its not visible in the sales table VBAK .

Thanks in Advance,

Prabhakar