cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon groups not working as planned

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I recently discovered a issue on one of our ERP-systems.

The system consists of one CI/DB-instance and 3 DI-instances.

We've configured logon-groups for load-distribution, so that all dialog-users are distributed on the DI-servers according to the load on the individual instances, this is standard.

However, after recently updating the SAP Kernel to 7.00 x64 p336 i noticed that users are now able to logon to the CI/DB instance. I cannot figure out how, as they have no rights to customize the saplogon themselves, they are forced through the load-balancing feature, meaning they should eventually end up on one of the DI-instances.

This is not the case anymore and the CI/DB-server now serves as the natural first-choice for 60-70% of all DIA-users.

There is nothing wrong with the configuration of logon-groups, the CI/DB-instance is not part of this and never has been.

I've been looking around inside the system for an explanation, but i cannot find any reasonable explanation.

Has anyone experienced similar issues and does anyone have any knowledge of troubleshooting the logon-load-balancing mechanism ?

BR Gerhard Andreassen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerhard,

You can use the lgtst program to test if your logon groups are working correctly. Just go to the OS level and use the following command as sidadm:

lgtst -H -C 10

This will do 10 logins to your logon groups and it should display the selected application servers. See if your CI is going to show on this test.

Cheers,

Maurício