cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sybase Mobile Workflow on iOS giving error 'Unable to start Client Engine'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting 'Unable to start client engine' when I try to run sybase workflow both on device [downloaded from iTunes] or running on simulator after using iOS simulator.

Can anyone throw some light on where the problem could be and how to resolve?

Thanks and Regards,

Raju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

had the same error message. I fixed it by giving the value of 0 (zero) on the farm ID in the connection settings of the application.

Hope it will work for you...

Marc-Etienne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marc,

The trick really worked.

Regards,

Raju

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which iOS version are you running?

Thanks,

Andrew.

Former Member
0 Kudos

iOS5

former_member548751
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I installed 'Sybase Mobile Workflow Free [not with 2.1] then it works okay on device. I get invalid application id for package this time.

Meanwhile any one can highlight what is the difference between Mobile Workflow Free and Mobile Workflow2.1

By the way SUP server version I am using is SUP2.1 and original iPad.

Thanks and Regards,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am not quite sure if any one else having similar issues but thought my findings after playing with various apps yesterday, is as follows [could be helpful to others]

1) Sybase Workflow app free is meant for older versions of SUP. Ideal if Sybase clarifies which versions are supported

2) Sybase Workflow app2.1 is meant for SUP2.1

The common errors of using these are

1) Unable to start client Engine

2) please go to the settings application and enter your configuration.

This means both Sybase Workflow app and SUP versions are somewhat tightly coupled.

Resolution:

1) For Unable to start client engine, using older version of App resolved the problem but faced invalid application id for package.

2) For those successful to next screen, after entering search but faced invalid application id for package. This does not yet resolved but looks like version conflicts

3) For Please go to the settings application, Sybase has some solution suggested which copied here [unfortunately did not work for me but may work for others]

When clicking the Workflow icon on iOS devices, the message " Sybase Mobile Workflow please go to the settings application and enter your configuration..." is received.

This happens when trying to open a version 2.0 Workflow on the iOS device and connecting on version 2.1 of Unwired Server.

Workaround: In SCC use the HWC template to create an application connection and leave the application identifier empty.

Please let your thoughts flowing.

Regards,

Raju