cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Problem in QM stock posting from Quality Stock to Unrestricted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Today I hit a weird problem in SAP and struck there for the past 5 hours. The problem is,

I have a batch managed material, for which QM view is available. 01 inspection type is activated along with the "Post to Inspection Stock indicator" for that material in material master.

Now I am creating a Purchase order and doing a goods receipt in MIGO. Then it creates a inspection lot of type 01

for this material and puts the stock in to Quality stock (I checked in MMBE).

Now as per standard SAP behaviour, if I want to move the stock from Quality to Unrestricted, I can only do it in QA11 trasaction through Inspection stock tab. If I try to do 321 (Quality to Unrestricted) movement in MIGO, the system will send an error message "Change the inspection stock of material XXXXXXX in QM only"

But in my case, I am not getting this error message, the system is still allowing me to move the stock from Quality to Unrestricted thorugh MIGO using 321 movement. This is not standard and I don't want this.

This behavior is seen in 04 and 08 inspection lots also (with post to insp stock indicator).

The aftermath of this problem, if I do a MIGO transfer posting of say 100 PC through 321. The system is correspondingly updating the MMBE transaction by moving this 100 PC from Quality stock to Unrestricted. But if I go to QA11 and check, the QM still shows that 100 PC to be in Quality stock itself, thus creating a mis-match between actual stock situation and the stock situation in QM.

I already checked and most of the SPRO nodes and I am left clueless. One more thing, Usage Decision is not yet done for the inspection lot and it is just REL status. Also thee are no developments or enhancements in QM module in my project. Only 1 enhancement relating to custom sample label and rest of all the functionality is standard.

Sorry for the long post. How to correct this? Please help me!

Thanks in advance,

Vinodh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just check date of inspection type active should be before of the PO creation date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surjit,

PO was created today and all these settings are there for sometime now.

Also since it is active only, the inspection lot got created correctly and stock got posted to Quality stock.

Regards,

Vinodh

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know why this happenned. Look at the QM view of the material master and see if the "inspection setup" flag on the QM view is clicked on. That is usually greyed out and is set by having an inspection type activated. You can't manually set that once an inspection type is added. But that is the indicator I believe is used to determine if regular stock movements are allowed for QM stocks.

I would try to first clear all your inspection lots first.

Then delete all the inspection types from the material. And I mean actually go in and delete them.

Then use QA08 to reactivate the ones you need.

Then see if this solves the problem.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FireFighter,

The "Inspection Setup" indicator is flagged. Also, I am facing this problem even in a material that is newly created.

To put it simply, MIGO and MB1B transaction are just by-passing QM module and moving the stock from Quality to Unrestricted even though QM view is activated and Inspection Setup is flagged.

So, I am facing this problem, for all the materials, all the stock relevant inspection types (01, 04, 08).

Regards,

Vinodh

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, if this is a production system, I would put in a high priority note to OSS immediately. Obviously this issue can cause very serious issues for your company.

What happens if you don't do any material movements and you try posting from the lot? Does the lot properly move and post the stock from QI to UR?

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah. If I try to post them through QA11 or QA12, it is working perfectly fine. It is only when i try to do a negative testing by posting through MIGO, that I stumbled upon this weird problem.

Regards,

Vinodh

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What SAP version are you testing? Is this in a production system?

Or are you testing on a different version for upgrade purposes?

FF