Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A very basic PI question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to PI and embarransed of asking a simple question here:

I created all the objects: CCs, RD, ID, SA, RA, the task is trying to convert a tab delimited file to a fixed length file. I created all the objects and activated them. Now I want to run the whole task to get my fixed length file and I don't know how to run this task.

Would you experts pointing me a direction?

Very much appreciate

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another thing to check, which is easily overlooked, is if PI has the correct authorization to access the file. Easiest way to do this is If you are using NFS and have a PI Abap stack installed, go to AL11 and see if you can access the file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I see it your interface is giving u error in Sender Agreement.

Sender Agreement generally comprises of two things.

Sender Interface/Message Interface + Sender Communication channel.

Please make sure that combo of the above two are actually pointing at the desired thing.

Now to test it.. copy the contents of your file and go to Runtime work bench. Integration directory -> test message -> fill the details and send the message. If you again see the message givin error in SA then your SA configuration is wrong and you need verify that..

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then I think you could possibly have a cache problem. Please look at this troubleshooting document for assistance. Go to the Caches section and work through those steps. You may need Basis to perform some of the tasks.

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8071b1b8-3c5c-2e10-e7af-8cadbc49d711?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true&50964082016987|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8071b1b8-3c5c-2e10-e7af-8cadbc49d711?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true&50964082016987]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andrew, I will take a look at the document

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might also check your Configuration Overview tab in the receiver determination. There you can right click on the missing sender agreement and select 'New' and then the wizard will guide you in creating the appropriate Sender Agreement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just checked "Configuration Overview" tab in the "receiver determination", and I do see the Sender Agreement appeared as the first one of the list:

Sender Agreement | BS_HRMS | SI_SCI_HRMS_Out | | (DirContext)

Communication Channel | BS_HRMS | CC_HRMS_SCI_File_Sender_ForGeneratingSampleFile (DirContext)

Receiver Determination | BS_HRMS | SI_SCI_HRMS_Out | * | * (DirContext)

Interface Determination | BS_HRMS | SI_SCI_HRMS_Out | | MQ9_230 (DirContext)

Receiver Agreement | BS_HRMS | | MQ9_230 | SI_SCI_HRMS_In (DirContext)

Communication Channel | MQ9_230 | CC_HRMS_SCI_File_Receiver_ForGeneratingSampleFile (DirContext)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is done in the sender communication channel configuration. The processing time will configured in the Processing tab under poll interval. This will poll the directory where the file is to be picked up. You can monitor this process in the Runtime Workbench.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/frameset.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/frameset.htm]

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you done file content conversion configuration in the file communication channel?

Refer sdn forum

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/BasicFileAdapterContentConversion

After activate all the objects place the tab file in the specified location in the sender communication channel. The file will poll the file and do the conversion.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From your description I understand that this is a file to file scenario, isn't it? If so, then your interface is executed automatically on a regular basis. You define the time distance between each execution as the Polling interval in the sender Communication Channel. So for instance if the polling interval is 60 seconds, PI will look for files in the directory that you specified, every 60 seconds, and process them immediately if anything was found.

All in all, the only thing you might need to do is to place a source file in the specified directory and wait a few minutes it will be processed automatically if your scenario is developed well.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg, Baskar,

Thank you very much for anwering my question. If PI works the way you described, apparently my job is not working.

I did use file content conversion configuration and I defined PI to poll the file from the source folder every 60 sec, but the file still sitting in the source folder. I had a "test configuration", seems PI can't find my SA, it keeps getting the "Sender Agreement not found" error message

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then you shold make sure that your sender agreement matches the sender Communication Channel parameters and points to the right communication channel. You might also have to refresh the cache in the transaction sxi_cache in the ABAP stack.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ran sxi_cache , and got:

Status of XI Runtime Cache

Unable to refresh cache contents

Error during last attempt to refresh Cache