Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Synchronization in Portfolio Item to Project Definition

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus;

This is my first time in custom the Synchronization andi need help to make this "Status Synchronization"in Portfolio Item to Proyect Definition.

I know that i can make this in the follow SPRO:

1. Maintain DFM Business Transactions

2. Map Business Transactions for Synchronization

3. Synchronous and Asynchronous Status Synchronization

4. Map DFM Business Transactions to Project / Initiative Business Transaction

5. Map Portfolio Management Status to DFM Business Transaction

6. Map DFM Business Transaction to Portfolio Management Status

I made all of this configuration but still not work.

Please help.

Regards,

Mariano

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe the coning steps which you are following are correct and should work for you. I suppose you have done configuration correctly. You need to careful with Source and target grouping and then need to ensure that statuses are mapped correctly with DFM business transactions.

I hope revisiting the coning what you done will solve your problem. its pretty straight forward to achieve basic synchronization.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thankfully my problem with the status mapping of DP & Phase is resolved. Now its working, when I'll change the status from In Progress to Closed in the Item DP, It'll trigger a status change in the cProjects Phase from Created to Released.

Now in the status mapping I have got one more doubt.I have a requirement wherein I need to have the status change of the Item DP when I ll change the status of the cProjects Phase. Eg. If I change the status of the Phase from Released to Completed It should Trigger a change in DP's status from Approved to Closed.

My first doubt, is it possible? And if yes, with the settings I've done currently, will it work?

or do I need to make some more settings there?

Please let me have a clarity on "Batch Report Status Synchronization". Is this is the place I need to maintain the settings to get the status changes in reverse.?

Rgrds,

Santhosh

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh;

They have to work at reverse at the same time.

All inclusive with the same configuration.

Maybe you forgot to set some DFM status.

Example:

Item     PDCP     DFM5     CANCEL     170     Item Canceled

Item     PDCP     DFM6      RESTART     180     Item Restart

Regards.

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mriano,

Thanks for the reply.. I believe I have missed out some settings, for the Eg. settings you have provided, I didn't get the path.

Can you please elaborate little more on this.

Rgrds,

Santhosh

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh;

First of all, you have to know that the function of Portfolio Status (Item or Decision Point) are "User Status" and in Project Status (Project definition and Phases) are "System Status", you can't configure Portfolio User Status to the Project User Status.

For Example: I have been setting the Item User Status "Suspended" that are synchronized to the Project System Status "Canceled", and it's worked fine.

Do this steps:

1) Maintain DFM Business Transactions -> don't touch this (SAP standard)

2) Map Business Transactions for Synchronization -> don't touch this (SAP standard)

3) Map Project / Initiative Business Transaction to DFM Business Transaction -> Here you have to map the source bus transaction to  the DFM bus transaction (are the same).

PDCP PPO DX05 DFM5

4) Map Portfolio Management Status to DFM Business Transaction -> It's the same as point 3, but in reverse.

PDCP PPO DFM5 DX05

5) Map Portfolio Management Status to DFM Business Transaction -> Here you have to set the old status to the new status (i used to define the Item Status to he DFM Business transaction).

PPO Item PDCP 185 190 DFM5

6) Map DFM Business Transaction to Portfolio Management Status -> It's the same as point 5, but in reverse.

PPO Item PDCP DFM5 190

Hope this help you.

Best regards.

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

Thanks alot for the answer. I got it. Now its working. But there is inconsistency in the flow.

i.e. For some DP's status change cause the appropriate status change in the cProjects Phase & vice versa also works for some. But for some it wont work!!! I hope I shouldn't be worrying about the settings I have maintained now, B'cuz, If its working for one it should work for all.

I don't know whats wrong... How's it working for you Mariano & for others too I have same question?!

Rgrds,

Santhosh

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh;

It's very strange that only works for some, I think that you have to send a message to SAP Support Center (at OSS), because maybe standard program synchronization it's working wrong for DP's and Phases.

Let me know if you need something else about it.

Best regards,

Mariano

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

Sorry one question, are you trying to shynchonize Item status with PS ( project status) ?

which PPM version / PS version do you have?

Because for synchronize this I think you need have in PPM 5.0 and ERP ECC ehp4.

If you are not in this situation I think you have to synchronize item --> cProject and cproject with PS I am not sure if it is possible to synchronize the status ( I think no).

Regards,

Sara

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sara;

I tying to synchronize the Item Portfolio status with Project Definition (cProject) status, in SAP PPM 5.0.

Thanks you.

Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

You got the solution for Status synchronization??

Eh I have a requirement to map Item DP with cProjects Phases. I'm using PPM 5.0 and have maintained the settings which you have mentioned above.. Still not working.. So what was the mistake which you had commtted earlier(I assume you have got the solution by now).

Rgrds,

Santhosh

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh;

Well I solved this error with the customizing of synchronization of status, that was very easy, thats why I cant solved before create this thread.

Tell me what are you configured?, and I tell you the solution.

Best regards.

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

Thanks for the reply.. I had missed out the settings for "Map Portfolio Management status to DFM business Trn"..

But now its working...

Rgrds,

Santhosh