Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization on Invoice Plan in ME22N

chris_johnson3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have been having issues with out Invoice Planning in ME22N, where if a user goes into the plan, it recalculates it, and we are paying our vendors multiple times.

We created a message with SAP, and they said to do code changes to restrict users from going into it.

I was hoping to do it thru security. Does any body know if we can restrict by program/screen number.

Basically we have a role with me21n/me22n access. I was hoping to break out access so users can still get into me21/22n but only certain users can get into the invoice plan.

To recreate the issue, just go into ME22n, under the texts tab,go to the item level and go into the invoice tab. There click the invoice plan.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

This isn't the auths-only solultion you are after but I don't think SAP are too far off.

You could use the enhancement framework to perform an additional check when going into the plan. You grant update access to your specific users and if the auths fail then your other users are either prevented or go through in display mode only.

I doubt it would be more than a couple of days work for a developer to do this.

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

This isn't the auths-only solultion you are after but I don't think SAP are too far off.

You could use the enhancement framework to perform an additional check when going into the plan. You grant update access to your specific users and if the auths fail then your other users are either prevented or go through in display mode only.

I doubt it would be more than a couple of days work for a developer to do this.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the response. We are looking into User Exits and Badi's ... but i was hoping to do it thru just security. (i'm not sure this is possible thought ...)

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Chris

0 Kudos

Hi,

it's not. But good news is that transactions ME2xN can be easily enhanced using standard BADI. So as Alex said it should not take more than couple days of development. I would still suggest to control this with custom auth. object check in enhancement.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

and we are paying our vendors multiple times.

That should be sufficient to propel ME22N onto a few GRC naughtly tcode lists...

That might help?

Cheers,

Julius