cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embed document in SAP DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

Is there a way to configure SAP DMS in order to view MS Office and PDF "originals" embeded in the SAP GUI instead of executing them in their native application (MS WORD, Excel, Acrobat Reader, etc.)?

The purpose of this requirement is to not let the users make copies of the documents. For security matters.

Any comments and suggestions are very welcome.

Regards.

Douglas M. Garcia T.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear García Douglas ,

Even if you make any setting or do any developement, the user may capture details of document by print screen or camera or any method.

The best way is not to share the data with the users if he is not authorized to evne see it. So either he should be given display rights or no rights.

Because we use SAP for s.haring information. Sharing may be for information for further processing

Thats My Opinion.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Douglas,

regarding this request I think that a possibility would be to use the ECL Viewer for display PDF files in the SAPGUI window and the INPLACE mode of the SAP Office Integration for Word or EXCEL files.

To achieve this behavior you would have to change the settings in the workstation application setup of transaction DC30 at

"Define workstation application in network". If you check the blue info button here you will find the information about the possible parameter values.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Christoph, that is just what I need. And actually, I need it just for PDF files.

So I made the changes in transaction DC30. It works fine for PNG and JPG files, but when I try to open a PDF file, it prompts the error: "Licence checking has failed".

Do you know if it has something to do with the ECL Viewer version? We have installed the 6.0 Patch level 5.

And I have another question...

The configurations I made in the DC30 will only work for the DMS? or SAP GUI and ECC in general?

Thank you very much. I´ll give you more points.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

these settings in transaction DC30 are relevant for DMS functionalities only. So it might be that in other SAP functionalities (e.g. Archive Link) additional settings are required. Unfortunately I have no information about this.

Best regards,

Christoph