cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto creation of Purchase order by heuristic

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

In my project, Heuristic is creating "Purchase orders" automatically, which should have been created by planners only.

Sometimes, it creates it without even creating "Purchase requisitions" and sometimes with PurReq.

Has any one faced similar kind of issue earlier ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Can we see "user name" who created order in APO ?

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pratiksha,

Which Heuristics are your talking about and in which module?

Thanks - Pawan

0 Kudos

This is created by SNP heuristic in APO.

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pratiksha,

SNP Heuristics cannot create Purchase orders. It can only create purchase requisitions, or planned orders (in case of production).

Unless you are using Deployment or TLB and convert the Purchase Requisition to Purchase Order with the same, you should not be getting Purchase Orders from APO. (Assuming you don't use PPDS - I don't know much about PPDS aspect)

If the supply is not sufficient to meet the demand, then Heuristics would create the receipts to meet the demand as per your settings. This is the expected behaviour.

Could you please explain if you have a different expectation of the behaviour?

For whatever Purchase requisitions/Purchase Orders you have the doubt that they are created by APO, go to ME23N in R/3 and see in the changes from the menu path Environment-> Header changes (or item changes). This could give you some information.

Also, for purchase Order the header itself gives information on who created the PO.

For purchase requisition, you could select an item and click on the tab "contact person" to find out who created the PReq.

This could help you in cross-checking whether the PO/Preq was indeed created by APO or by someone in R/3 itself.

Thanks - Pawan

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is strange. I don't think SNP heuristic could create purchase order. In SNP planning, only deployment or TLB can create them ... I think this may be relevant to CIF or ECC processes. If the orders generated in SNP are not transferred to ECC immediately, the orders may be kept as purchase requisition.

Maybe you can run interactive heurisitc in SNP planning book without saving, to see whether you get purchase requistion or purchse order. Stopping CIF first may also help.

Regards/Ada

0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for the replies.

1) ME23N : header / item changes does not show anything. In R/3 , 'created by" field has 'RFC_APO_USER' . This comes because orders are coming in R3 through CIF. So all orders, even if they are created by planners / heuristic will come with this user name. Hence difficult to judge user who created this order.

Can we see in APO, who has converted or created order ?

2) Actually, SNP heuristic has created PurReq first, correctly. and then it has converted it to PO automatically. In our scenario, only planners should be able to convert PurReq to PO.

Does deployment/ TLB have ability to convert PurReq to PO , even if those dont have 'conversion indicator' set ?

Thanks.

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In SNP customizing setting, there's a setting calls "Configure transfer to OLTP systems". Here as you can see, deployment result could be transferred to ECC as purchase order. As to TLB, I think it is used to create stock t ransport orders, so ...

Best Regards/Ada

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pratiksha,

1) Yes, my intent was to find this only - whether the created by shows up as APO RFC user or did someone manually create the PO/Preq in R/3.

It won't be easy to find information in APO regarding the creation. You could possibly check WHEN the PO was created by doing as follows:

Go to /sapapo/rrp3 (product view) for the location-product. In the product view, type gt_io in the space where we give transaction code. In the next screen, identify your PO, and then scroll to extreme right. You would find out WHEN it was created. Check in SM37 if any job runs around this time. If there is no job, then most likely someone used interactive planning and sent PO to R/3.

2) Preq won't automatically convert to PO. Could you pls explain how you reached at this conclusion? As Ada also already mentioned, you can publish the results of Deployment (Distribution Receipt (confirmed)) to R/3 as Purchase Requisitions or Purchase Orders. This is done in SPRO.

Results of TLB would be STO (Disribution Receipt (TLB confirmed)), which automatically translates to PO for many of the cases (I guess there might also be some settings in R/3 for this, but I am also not very clear on this)

Conversion indicator setting would only come into picture in some PPDS transaction like product view, etc. SNP won't take care of maintaining conversion indicator as such.

Thanks - Pawan