cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Range Buffering for Invoices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

I have a requirement where in I have to achieve sequential number range with parallel buffeing for invoice documents,

but the idea is to implement it in a very controlled manner i.e. market wise not for the entire box.

have any one come across this type of requirement?

Suggestions invited :

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you see SAP Note 23835 - Buffering RV_BELEG / Number assignment in SD?

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply, I have checked the folowing notes:

179224, 599157 and 840901

840901 very well explains the concept of parallel buffering without hampering the performance,

but if i hav to customize it further while applying in system i should have enough control to apply it market wise and

not to my entire system (i.e. not to all markets), I am lloking a solution to this..let me know if you can throw some light on the same.

Regards

Ritzzz!

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

See Note 363901 - Country-specific buffering RV_BELEG/number assignment in SD, instead to filter by country do it market wise (I suppose that any field related in VBRK). See the sample code for RV60AFZZ for subroutine USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE. So, in this subrutine you can try with this coding:

IF market_wise = 'X'.
   NO_BUFFER = 'S'.                       " or value 'X'
 ENDIF.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Edited by: E_Hinojosa on Mar 7, 2012 5:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the reply it really helped me to reach closer to solution, just one doubt remianed unsolved,

Can I apply 2 OSS Notes 363901 (for country specific or market specific) and 840901(for parallel, sequential and pseudo ascending) together to achieve a solution as follows :

1. Market Specific Parallel Buffering, sequential and ascending number range

e.g. market in North America requires Parallel buffering (for performance reasons)and sequentially ascending numbers without gaps and on the other hand Imarket in taly requires only sequential numbers without any botheration about performance or buffering

so can a parallel implementation (if at atll feasible) of above mentioned OSS will be able to provide this solution, If not what could be the other possible way???

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As the note suggested says, you can try to do it in RV60AFZZ for subroutine USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE. This subroutine is call for each invoice. So, if you have the information in VBRK, filter it and then you set if the buffer works or not as the coding suggested at the note for country. As you say, it's a legal requirement, then, the market wise is by country. Create a customer table for countries. See for this note the correction instruction. You have a coding for RV60AFZZ. If you don't know ABAP, search an ABAPer. He will help you to code it.

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks for the reply again I am aware of RV60AFZZ , subroutine USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE and also the customer table you mentioned in earlier replies (but i am unaware how will that gurantee performance ).

But my last post was concerning to the idea of sequencing with mproved performance (i.e. Buffering + Sequencing + Increment Numbers) and to implement it can I use 363901 and 840901 together???

Warm Regards

Ritzzz!