cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post locked & points unassigned

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was just reviewing some of my posts this morining , 07.03.2012 (0600 Hours IST).

I came across following message of mine.

Which was awarded with points yesterday.

-

But, now the same thread is block & points are unassigned.

With following message:

You have been warned repeatedly to search the forums before posting - see rules of engagement. Please also read the rules regarding using all capital letters.

Edited by: Ian Kehoe on Mar 6, 2012 2:44 PM

I believe it is does not have any standard solution.

And one have to opt for Enhancement.

1. Can we have little insight on this?

1.1 Why it was blocked?

1.2 Why points were unassigned?

2. Whether I'm entitle to receive any communcation for the same?

In anticipation.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

@JP - remember that these are supposed to be "expert" forums. Now we don't expect everyone participating to be an expert, but we do expect some amount of professionalism on the part of people asking questions. That would include taking the time to try to solve the problem before asking.

Rob

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas & Rob.

Nice words.

@Rob: But, by your gesture/action

Moderator message - Points unassigned - answer from Jyoti Prakash was marked as answering the question.

on following thread

-

I hope I'm not made an example.

Any ways, I believe that all for now.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

No - not an example, but we do encourage people to be careful about helping people who are not interested in helping themselves.

If a question is marked as answered and I unassign the points, I try to indicate who answered so that anyone looking for a similar question will know the best answer.

Rob

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Rob

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now whats my fault here in this thread.

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What exactly are you complaining about here? I guess it was made sufficiently clear to you that, if a Moderator deems fit that a certain thread does not deserve to be given attention in the forums, he will either delete it or lock it.

That action was performed here. The Moderator did not mention anywhere in the thread that you have committed a direct breach of the rules. The original question was deleted for probably being an FAQ or basic question or wanted an Urjent solution or provided personal information or did not frame the question properly or was specs-dumping or.....

And while deleting the question, he might have given the reason by editing the text there. So when the OP gets a mail from SCN, he/she knows why the thread was deleted. The Moderator do not have to give you a reason why the thread was deleted, since you are not the OP.

It is also very time-consuming for us to clarify to you everytime, the reason why a thread is deleted or locked. Just remember that the Moderator knows why, since he knows the Rules and he's been around for a while now.

pk

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. You are absolutly right.

Unnecessary I'm bothered.

Any how, in SCN Forum

we live at the favour and conduct of person who post a thread with query.

At cost of our Time, Effort and Passion.

And Moderator job is not easy.

@ All Moderator: again, Hats off you guys. You are doing a fabulous job. Keep the good things going. All the best.

Well, another lesson learnt.

Thanks

JP

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I can see the answer is simple,

1. Can we have little insight on this?

As far as I can see the question is far too basic and the Mod locked the thread, warn the OP and remove the points.

1.1 Why it was blocked?

I think the user didnt make any effort to find the answer to a plain basic query and decided to open a post expecting to be spoon fed by the good will of the members of the community.

1.2 Why points were unassigned?

Answering basis threads only encorage lazyness and its considered spoonfeeding, in the case that the thread would have been reported the point assigment would have been deducted anyway at the time the thread is rejected. The Mod decided to leave the thread visible and remove the points.

2. Whether I'm entitle to receive any communcation for the same?

To be honest with you I don't understand the need to receive a mail informing you that your points have been deducted because the thread was locked by a Mod, and 6 points is 0,1% of your 6000+ share, why does it bother you so much?... We are not here for the points, or are we???

Regards

Juan

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

whats your take on following post?

-

-

Any comments on above threads.

Regards

JP

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Typical case of "spec dumping", no visible effort by the poster to solve this by himself, all capital letters, all against the rules of engagement. Correct moderator action is to lock it and remove any points, as has happened here.

Please stay away from such "questions" in the future. It cannot hurt to check the recent history of the poster, this one here is on the left lane towards ID deletion.

Thomas

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas

Thanks for the reply.

Now, whats your take on following post?

-

-

Regards

JP

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I'm not a functional SD buff, but the second one sounds like FAQ and "did not search" which could be locked as well (please report it via the yellow triangle button).

The first one is not an SAP specific discussion but about the business requirement behind it. Maybe OK for the functional forums (as long as it is not asked twice per week...), but I cannot really make a call here.

Thomas

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

JP

The question is not a basic question and the OP has confirmed that he know the SAP functionality. He is asking to give some practical examples and that is what everybody is trying to give.

G. Lakshmipathi

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lakshmipathi Sir

No issues related to that.

I got my lesson.

Thanks.

JP