Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10: Password self Service Problem

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was trying to use the option Manage Password self service. During this, when I clicked on this, it gave me another web page where in I need to mention the user id. I mentioned the user id and clicked on Search button. It is doing nothing!

Do I have to do any configurations anywhere?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check the following:

1 - You have configured in SPRO the connector to allow PSS.

2 - You have configured in SPRO the PSS customizing options.

3 - You have users in the backend system with the same ID as you login in GRC user.

Can you check this?

If you are asking about the following option:

NWBC->AM->Access Request Administration->"Manage Password Self-Service".

These gives you results only if you activated the questions in PSS customizing option.

Regards,

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Claudio,

Thanks for your kind reply.

I have checked the above areas and found tobe correct. As I have told here before, password is getting reset in the selected backend system. However, I am not getting the mail for the same!

After performing this activity, I checked in SOST/SCOT tcodes in GRC system and the backend system to see if any mail is generated. I have not found any mails as such generated for this!

When I create a test mail from GRC system using SAP Inbox (SBWP tcode), test mail is successfully generated and sent later.

Can  you help in this?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Make sure you have user in the backend system with the same ID as you login GRC user..

and also maintaing valid Email-Id & first name of user is necessary to get email notification..

Once maintained,run the repository sync job for users,role,profile in the GRC-box ..and try resetting the password again for that particular user...

Please check and try ..

Regards,

Ravi.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Thanks for your reply.

I did as you suggested. However, no mail yet!

Dont know what to do now.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Faisal,

Implement SAP-Notes 1696143,1668187, 1664314..

Maintain only one either only System provisioning configuration (or) maintain only
Global Provisioning configuration..Not both .

And also make sure your WF-BATCH user ID must have valid Email-ID & SAP_All  assigned to it.

Regards,

Ravi.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Gaurav

This is the third post i have alerted the moderators for

Do not solicit on SCN and do post personal details

This community is not here your central place for a sales pitch.

If you want to be part of this community I strongly recommend you read SCN rules of engagement

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Collen,

I am sorry for this. I am actually new & was not read the policy. Before received any email I already replied probably on 6 question. I am sorry for this. I will take care for this & not post my contact details.

Regards,

Gaurav    

sharad_parasher
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Also check the authorizations of user wf-batch , it shoul have sap_all.

Regards

Sharad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharad,

is the authorization SAP-ALL of the wf-batch-user only in the GRC-System required? Or do I also need this authorization in the Back-End Finance System?

I am faced with the same Issue, I receive no Email, after performing PSS.

Kind Regards,

Manuela

suman_puthadi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Manuela,

kindly check the user in GRACUSER table has the valid email id along with the first name and last name.

If not kindly run the repository sync to update the same in GRC box .

Best Regards

Suman Puthadi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Faisal,

Even i am facing the same issue !!

Also when i try to go to My home tab -->Reset password

It shows me only one system/RFC connector(which is my DATA validation source) whereas

i have more than 3 connectors( systems) .

I will also try to figure out in the mean time.

Thank You.

Regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Faisal - Have any users actually been registered to use PSS? i.e. any users registered their Secret questions and answers?

Victor - Have you enabled PSS to be used on each of your connectors you have configured against the GRC system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kaushal,

Will you please guide me on how to enable this PSS service for individual system/connector in SPRO ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Victor,

You can go to SPROAccess ControlMaintain Connector Settings and for each system listed when you scroll to the right check to see if the PSS is checked or not.

Uday

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have not registered any users as such. May you please help me in doing that?

Regards,

Faisal

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Now I have "checked" them out. Earlier, they were not selected. However, even after doing this, when I go for Manage Password Self Service option in AM, and mentioned as my user id and clicked on "Search", it does not show any results. Can you help?

Regards,

Faisal

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

This is not showing me any systems to be selected for the password reset? Can you help me?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I made the following settings under SPRO>GRC>AC-->CUP

PSS Global Config values:

PSS ID : 0

Authentication Service : Challenge rsponse

PSS Disable Verification : Password Self Service

Numbr of question: 2

Number of attempts : 3

I registered two questions by going to "MY home" tab in NWBC .

When i try to reset my password , it does ask me the 2 questions ,but when i go to next step , it still shows me only 1 system.

I have ticked marked all 3 system/connectors for PSS.

Also when i go to the manage "Manage Password self service" , and search a user id , it simply does nothing !!

Please guide further if anyone has come across this scenario.

Regards,

Victor

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your response.

I made the changes as you suggested. However, when I go to "Reset Password" in my home page, it opens another page and here it is not asking me any security questions. Here, I have to add the system for which I need to reset the password by clicking on Add button. However, when I click on it, it does not show any available systems!

When I select the Manage Password Self-Service in AM page, it is asking me the security question which I registered. After that when I am mentioning my user id and click on Search button, it is doing nothing.

Any idea what is happening?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

>

>

> Thanks for your response.

>

> I made the changes as you suggested. However, when I go to "Reset Password" in my home page, it opens another page and here it is not asking me any security questions. Here, I have to add the system for which I need to reset the password by clicking on Add button. However, when I click on it, it does not show any available systems!

>

> When I select the Manage Password Self-Service in AM page, it is asking me the security question which I registered. After that when I am mentioning my user id and click on Search button, it is doing nothing.

>

> Any idea what is happening?

>

> Regards,

> Faisal

Just a quick check, does your USERID actually exist on the target systems?

I am pretty sure that the conenctor configuration steps within the BPX guides work, so it may be worth reading them again and following the steps described within to ensure you have set everything up as required.

Also, refer to SAP Note 1617371 and 1578837 for the detail Configuring Password Self-Service in GRCAC10 and Password Self-Service Email to ensure that the set is done as intended.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hI Kaushal,

Thanks for your reply.

I followed the note#1617371. but what is happening is that, the systems are not getting displayed to be selected for resetting the password for.

Am i missing any configuration here/

Regards.,

faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

I see you have another thread that is not answered, where you are not able to search users. A fix to that problem may be will fix this problem.

If you have followed the notes to setup Self-Service, then there might be a problem with the connectors configuration.

Regards,

Ajesh.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes, that issue is yet to answered. May be as you are saying, that may help me. still waiting for the solution for that problem too

regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Iam also facing the same issue.,Systems are not displayed to select for password reset..

Did u managed to resolve this issue..if so, please help me out with the solution..

Regards,

Ravi.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now I can get the list of systems to reset the password for. It also seems that, the password is being reset in the back end system. However, I have not received any email for the new password!

I tried to follow the note#1578837 suggested here. It is asking to upgrade the SP to SP#4. But my GRC AC 10.0 is @ SP7. Therefore, assume that it is already addressed.

Can any one suggest?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Can you tell how did you get the whole list of systems? I''ve tried to find the issue but still doesn't work..

Thanks!

Regards,

Fernando

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fernando,

Once you synchronize the users' data from the respective SAP systems, this will show all the systems where each user is present.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Faisal, thanks for your reply

Unfortunately I tried synchronising the user's data but still have the same problem. As before, I can see one system but  the others are missing.

If you imagine something else that could work please let me know..

Thanks again.

Regards,

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fernando, didi you solve your problem?

I have the same issue. No systems appear when i click on "add systems".

Thanks,

Arnaldo

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Eletrobras,

You must have forgotten to select the check mark against respective system(s) in SPRO->GRC->AC->Maintain Connector Settings

Regards,

Faisal