Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS and PI

markus_schalk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

we are using PI 7.11 at the moment, and until now, we have just used nwds to develop some adapter modules and deploy them directly to our quality system. Are there any guides for what i can use NWDS 7.11 in combination with PI 7.11 above this?

I have seen that it is possible to connect the esr to nwds, but can't find it ad-hoc. Is this only possible with pi 7.3+?

Is it maybe even possible to connect Integration Builder to nwds, or do we have to use Integration Flows for that, which are going to be introduced with pi 7.31?

I am a little bit tired of using the webstart ui, because it's not powerful enough without an external ide, e.g. developing UDFs in the standard ui is a crime ;-)...

It seems to me, that the pi frontend is going to be integrated in NWDS anyway on a long-term basis, and i appreciate that, but what is possible with pi 7.11 already?

Thanks in advance for any hints.

Kind regards,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is not possible with PI 7.11. SAP enabled this feature from PI 7.31

check this blog

I just tried to connect NWDS7.3 with PI7.1 & SP10. It connects to system and fetches all SWCVs but it does not display anything for the objects in SWCV's. It says "Unsupported server version"

Edited by: Praveen Gujjeti on Mar 7, 2012 5:11 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NWDS will be integrated seamlessly into SAP PI development environment from PI 7.31 onwards.

For below versions, you will still need to use the Swing based ESR and ID while adapter modules or java mappings to be developed outside in NWDS.

markus_schalk
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, great support!