cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advice for PCo beginner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are beginning to look at PCo to gather some results from our shop floor. Does anybody have experience getting info from an Asymtek Axiomu2122 X-1000 Series Dispensing System?

Is OCP the only way to do this, or can PCo talk to the DriverLINX software which comes with the machine?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nick,

Doing a bit of Bing searching, I found that the device driver for the interface card (DrvLINX4) is developed by Keithley Instruments. I am not aware of any PCo-specific connectors for the driver, but I would recommend you contact both Asymtek and Keithley about options for retrieving data from the driver. PCo primarily uses OPC for shop floor devices like Programmable Controllers and related devices, and depends on the OPC Server to implement the driver communications to and from the device hardware. If the Keithley driver has any OPC capabilities that would be the ideal solution.

If LabView is incorporated into the Asymtek machine, that may also provide an OPC interface to which PCo can connect for data.

- Steve Stubbs

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

I am pretty sure that nothing has been posted for your particular systems, but there is a lot of information going back about two years on integrating to various vendors's equipment using PCo and generally OPC. I would recommend doing a deep search of this forum for both solutions and folks who have encountered and solved similar issues.

Regards,

Mike