cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patching and PRD support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I want to patch my PI landscape (XID -> XIQ -> XIP) but as I have several critical interfaces, I need to continue supporting XIP while patching is in process, this patching will take 2 months from XID to XIP because there are other tests to do.

My problem is that once patching is done in XID, let's call XID'P then I cannot use it for supporting XIQ / XIP. I could solve this directly using XIQ for supporting XIP but once patching is done in XIQ I do not have this way.

Imaging I have patched XID and XIQ but not XIP. I have then XID'P -> XIQ'P; XIP and then I have a problem which needs to modify an interface. How do I proceed?

I was thinking to create a new system XP2 as copy of XIP but then how do I perform tests with my ECC/HR quality systems if they are already connected with XIQ'P?

Do you have any idea?

Thank you,

Manuel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the ideal testing for this will be to have a copy of XIP and lets call it XIDP which will be a new system.

patch this and do your testing. Once the results are fine, you then go ahead and path XID, XIQ and XIP.

this is the normal cycle most of the organizations adopt. If you want to increase the amount of testing, you could also have another system XIQP with a transport path of XIDP -> XIQP so that a dev -> QA test also happens post patching.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Raja, I agree with you but we don't want to run this risk.

Thank you Shabarish, I like your idea of having XIDP for testing but my problem is how I can have ECC systems connected to two XI systems. Let me picture this

Current XI landscape XID -> XIQ -> XIP

Current ECC landscape DEV -> QAS -> PRD

Patched landscape XIDP

I start testin between DEV and XIDP for this I have to change XIDP configuration and also ECC (for instance if I have an Idoc interface I have to change the port. If an issue occurs in XIP and I have to change the interface in XID I have to test DEV-XID and I need to roll back all configuration. This is a lot of work. Is it possible to do it quickly?

Thank you,

Manuel

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When ever you apply patchches some donwtime required in Prod also(SP updated), but you can plan accordingly but it will not take more thatn 4 hours(as per my exp).

The process you mentioned is bit long because after applying matches how it is relfecting on existing interfaces ? normaly it shoud not(correct me if i am wrong).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Raja.

I want to test interfaces after patching before moving patches to XIQ/XIP. That is why my process is longer.

I do not want to run the risk of having interfaces failing in XIP because of patching.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my experience we never had any problem with interfaces after patching.

You no need to worry about it, if your customer really wanna follwo your process then go with your approach by creating one more client, but it is very long and personally i dont prefer this approach at all.