cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Require help to solve Connection timed out error while reload initial data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Developers,

I have installed SAP NetWeaver and SAP ME SDK 2.0 on my laptop and working from offshore, the SAP ME WIP and ODS database is situated at onsite. The installation is working fine, however, after developing Activity Hooks, at the step where I need to Reload Initial Data for the Site where I want the Activity to be used I get the below error message:

500 Connection timed out

-

-

Error: -5

Version: 7011

Component: ICM

Date/Time: Wed Mar 07 12:37:38 2012

Module: icxxthr.c

Line: 4184

Server: <laptop_hostname>_<SID>_00

Error Tag: {-}

Detail: Connection to partner timed out after 600s

© 2001-2009, SAP AG

How to find out what is causing this error? When I use the hostname of the onsite SAP ME application pointing to the same database, Reload Initial Data works fine. I need to reload initial data from laptop SAP ME application only, beacause the activity hook classes reside on my laptop, before I send the SAPME.sca files for common server build.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Please try to increase PROCTIMEOUT ICM parameter for the corresponding server\port. If it does not help, please, check NW default traces for ME errors and share your results with us.

Best regards,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Alex, for your timely help.

I updated Processing Timeout value from 600 seconds to 1800 sec for the default port. I did not have to restart SAP NetWeaver.

On press of Reload Initial Data it took me 12 minutes. In the end it was successful.

Answers (0)