cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to File : JCO.Server could not find server function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

In my SAP ECC system, I have created a new FM (remote enable) 'Z_TEST'.

In my SAP PI I have configurated like [http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/RFCtoFILE|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/RFCtoFILE]

I have tested in PI and everything is OK.

In SAP ECC, when I'm calling the FM, I have a dump (when it's called in foreground task) or a message in SM58 (when it's called in background task).

The message is "JCO.Server could not find server function 'Z_TEST'.

Could you help me to find the problem.

I have check every thread in SDN with this error, but on my side every thing are correct.

Thanks and regards.

JC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JC,

I believe you are calling this ZBAPI with "DESTINATION yourPIsystem" addition?

Also, did you import the ZBAPI into ESR in PI? It seems like you didn't, which is now the source of your problem.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Greg,

I have imported my FM into ESR in Imported Object's RFC under the my software component.

JC

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member460664
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear JC,

Now I am facing same problem as you mentioned. Please help me to solve the issue. I have created One RFC destination of type T in R3 and maintain program ID in that. I used R3 Gateway details in Destination. Apart from these I have created same Program ID in JCO RFC provider: JCO destinations of PI NWA. and maintained server and repository details of PI system. I have configured 5 scenarios with same Program ID ( sender side). while executing BAPI in R3 it is giving the same error that you got in sm58. I cant understand where is the mistake. Please share your ideas.

Regards,

Ashok.

maciej_jarecki
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to create RFC sender CC in PI and activate it(without activation you will receive JCO Error). Name of PI CC is program ID used RFC Destination in Ecc.

Now try your rfcdest in Ecc and let us know

BR

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some questions about this :

The configuration on the system has been made by other people.

1) The RFC Destination has to be configured in which system ?

- SAP ECC

- PI

- Both

2) What is the value for the Gateway Host in the RFC Destination

Thanks a lot

JC

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some questions about this :

>

> The configuration on the system has been made by other people.

>

> 1) The RFC Destination has to be configured in which system ?

> - SAP ECC

> - PI

> - Both

Ref:

In ECC

>

> 2) What is the value for the Gateway Host in the RFC Destination

>

> Thanks a lot

>

> JC

refer:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shabarish,

I have check the RFC Destination in ECC and the Gateway Host is the PI Server.

And I have also a RFC Destination defined in PI without Gateway Host.

Does I have to :

- delete the RFC Destination in PI server

- change the Gateway Host for the RFC Destination in ECC

If I put the ECC server in the Gateway Host for the RFC Destination on the ECC, I have the following error during the Connection Test "Error when opening an RFC connection (CPIC-CALL:.....

Error program <Destination_RFC>_<Sid> not registered

Thanks for your help.

JC

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear JC,

>>> delete the RFC Destination in PI server

Yes, you can delete it (if it is not used anywhere else).

>>> change the Gateway Host for the RFC Destination in ECC

Yes, you normally use the ECC server as Gateway Host.

>>> I have the following error during the Connection Test

This is because you also have to adjust the sender RFC communication channel in PI. You have to use exactly the same values for Gateway Host, Port and Program Name there as you used in the RFC destination.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Greg,

I'm totally lost, because I have configured the RFC Destination correctly following your answer and the differents thread on SDN or the link mentionned in my previous post.

And I have also configured correctly the CC but it does not work, I have always the same message in my ECC system

JCO.Server could not find server function

Regards

JC

former_member206439
Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please clear the Cache in both integration Builder and Integration Directory.

Goto -> Environment -> Clear SLD cache.

and do the dummy edit on the RFC communication channel and execute the interface once.

if not working send me the error message trace log.

Edited by: Naresh Nelapatla on Mar 8, 2012 5:41 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naresh,

I have follow your post, and it is always the same, JCO.Server could not find server function

Regards

JC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now after correction on RFC Destination, RFC Jco Provider and CC, I'm facing to a new erreor message :

"Bean Z_RFC_TEST not found on Host <PI> , ProgId = <prog>-<sid> Object not found in lookup Z_RFC_TEST"

Thanks a lot for your help

JC

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear JC,

It looks like you are using a changed RFC-enabled function module (you mentioned Z_TEST initially, and Z_RFC_TEST now). Did you import this new FM to PI's ESR?

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Greg,

Yes, my FM is imported in ESR.

Regards

JC

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear JC,

I have just found a similar problem in the thread below, that was solved by correcting the RFC Destination details:

So once again, check if your details are correct:

Gateway Host: host name or host IP address of the ECC system, that you can find in SAP Logon details under Application Server

Gateway Service: concatenation of "sapgw" and system Instance Number of the ECC system from SAP Logon, so if your Instance Number = 22 for instance, then use Gateway Service = sapgw22

Program ID: any unique name that you will also type in the sender RFC Communication Channel in PI. Make sure this value is unique (is only used by this particular RFC Destination and only one communication channel)

Hope this solves your problem finally,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Greg,

>I have just found a similar problem in the thread below, that was solved by correcting the RFC Destination details:

>

I had already read this thread, and I have made everything explain in this.

>So once again, check if your details are correct:

>Gateway Host: host name or host IP address of the ECC system, that you can find in SAP Logon details under Application Server

The Gateway Host is the one coming from the tcode SMGW in my ECC system (Goto --> Parameters >> gateway hostname value

>Gateway Service: concatenation of "sapgw" and system Instance Number of the ECC system from SAP Logon, so if your

>Instance Number = 22 for instance, then use Gateway Service = sapgw22

The Gateway Service is the one coming from the tcode SMGW in my ECC system (Goto --> Parameters >> gateway service value )

>Program ID: any unique name that you will also type in the sender RFC Communication Channel in PI. Make sure this value is >unique (is only used by this particular RFC Destination and only one communication channel)

I have used LCRSAPRFC_PID (created by BC team) and I have also tried with my own program id (I had created a specific RFC Destination for this one, and also configured the RFC JCO Provider)

But the error is always there

Regards

JC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Help,

Is there someone who can help me.

Thanks a lot in advance.

JC

former_member460664
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Grzegorz,

I am facing the same problem as JCO.server could not find the server function 'Z_MATERIAL_MASTER'.

AT ECC SIDE: I have created one type T destination in ECC and maintain program ID and used ECC gateway host and gateway service in that destination.

AT PI SIDE: I have created same program ID in the NWA of PI  under JCO: RFC provider: JCO RFC destinations. Here I have given details as  Server configuration: Gateway Host: PI host name and Gateway service: PI host service....... Repository configuration: Application server host: ECC host name, system number: ECC system number user, password, client are the ECC details.

After Executing BAPI in ECC, I got the above said error at SM58. What is the reason behind this? I am unable to find the cause. Please help me to come out this issue.

Thamks in advance

Regards,

Ashok.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

refer these links for the RFC sender side setup

RFC -> SOAP

And for troubleshooting your RFC adapter ->

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shabarish,