Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Supplier in PO from accepted Public RFx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RFx experts ,

We have SRM7.0. My understanding about Public RFx is -

1. We assign some dummy Bidder in published Public RFx.

2. Any person can (only) Display RFx document on companys Portal in eRFx POWL ( I think this is with some Guest User id & Password)..after clicking on some button..this need to set by company website designing team

3.If some one is intrested in submitting Bid, he will create register himself, system will geneate user id & password and send him, then he can log in and submit the bid.

Mu question is :

1. Is my understaning is correct ?

2. How to set the registration process of Bidder for submitting Bid in SRM system, since we are not using SRM ROS ?

3. After submitting the Bid and accepting the same, against which Supplier PO will be created, since user log on with Contact Person....where will be Supplier Code ?

4. We have Classic scenarion, after accepting Bid, which PO will create , Classic or Ext Classic ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

NAP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear NAP,

In SRM, public bidding means public to the all the bidders in the srm system. When you create a public Rfx in the srm, the RFx will be seen by all the bidders in the SRM system. If they wish to take part in a particular bidding event, they need to register against the bidding document.

For public bidding, you can include a dummy bidder or any of the bidder whom you know will be interested in your bidding event.

You need to create a vendor along with a contact person locally in the SRM system. A contact person without getting attached to a bidder cannot exist on its own. The bidder can take part in the bidding event. However, the bidder needs to exist in the backend system with the supplier role to allow you to create a purchase order in the backend system from the Rfx awarding event.

I hope, it helps you.

Thanks and regards,'

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ranjan,

That I am aware . I have question, how to do it ?

It will be very approciated if you ( anyone) can answer for my below points ..

2. How to set the registration  process of Bidder for submitting Bid in SRM system, since we are not using SRM ROS ?

3. After submitting the Bid and accepting the same, against which Supplier PO will be created, since user log on with Contact Person....where will be Supplier Code ?

4. We have Classic scenarion, after accepting Bid, which PO will create , Classic or Ext Classic ?

Thanks in advance

NAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can any one help me on this please ?

My questions is :

I craeted "Portal Supplier" in SRM and created Public RFx and  want to display only these Public RFx on my purchasing company's website to everyone...I aware many SAP client done this ..

But how can I do this ?

Regards

NAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NAP,

Pls find some of my answers below -

2. How to set the registration  process of Bidder for submitting Bid in SRM system, since we are not using SRM ROS ?

Ans - If you dont have SRM ROS and SUS, I guess you want to know how to create the vendors in the SRM system. Bcos once its public Rfx all the suppliers in the SRM system will be able to get the Rfx. You dont have to do any registration for them. Creating the vendor using transaction BBPMAININT or in the portal create business partners you have to do it.

Ans- Accepting the bid is done by the buyer not the suppliers. Once from the Rfx responses, the buyer selects one Rfx response after comparison. He can create the PO to the vendor. the details is available in the accepted Rfx response.

Ans - It will be classic

Hope some of your queries are answered.

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Robin. Helpful.

Currently I had stuck on below question.

I created "Portal Supplier" in SRM and created Public RFx and  want to display only these Public RFx on my purchasing company's website to everyone...I aware many SAP cusotmer done this ..

How can I do this ?

Can you/anyone please guide me on this. It seems there is no any SAP documentaion on this at all...

Regards

NAP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi NAP,

1. You can assign Bidders that are maintained in SRM system, not 'dummy Bidders'.

These bidders will receive E-mail invitations after you publish and output RFx

2. The Bidders have to be maintained in SRM system BEFORE they try to make bids.

The registration process isn't necessary in this step.

3. As mentioned above, the Bidders and the Contact Persons have been maintained in SRM.

So PO is created against the Bidder which is in your Supplier Master.

4. I'm not sure because We're on Standalone Scenario...

I guess it depends on your customizing settings.

Regards

Mio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mio,

Thanks for reply. I beleive you are talking about RESTRICTED RFx. I am seeking information for PUBLIC RFx.

Thanks

NAP