cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I leverage JDom or Dom4J for java mapping in PI 7.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

since we know that PI 7.0 is based on jdk1.4 which officially allows DOM and SAX,but could I using the open source API like JDom or Dom4J via importing the related jar file to PI IR for java mapping?Anyone tried that?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

havnt tried JDOM or DOM4J but have used JAXB in a similar fashion to your requirement -

Former Member
0 Kudos

anyone answer this?

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I tried importing jar files into PI7.0 I was able to do so.

First add the external jar file for JDOM into build path in eclipse (or NWDS). I did this in eclipse.

Again I tried to import the same jar file into project within eclipse. Then the jar file will be broken into class files.

Now compile the JDOM code you wrote and do project ->build all. This will generate the class file for your source code in addition to the class files formed earlier. Now exit from eclipe. Move to source folder of the eclipse. there you will find the .java file and the set of class files which were imported into the project earlier. Copy these files to separete folder say "myclass". Now again move to "bin" folder of your eclipse settings and obtain the .class file for the source code you have written. Copy this class file to the "myclass" folder. Now using WINZIP zip all files into one ZIP file within "myclass" folder. Finally import this ZIP into PI 7.0 server. Run the mapping code using test tab. If you are getting any linkage error then you need to obtain correct external jar for JDOM parser else the mapping should run fine.

Regards

Anupam