cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Status for partial return sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am facing an issue at my client for which I am unable to find an appropriate reason.

We have done a complete Sales order cycle: S.Ord - Delivery and Invoice (100qty). Now the customer returns a certain part of materials delivered (say 30qty). We are creating a sales order for this 30qty and creating a delivery (for 30qty) and credit memo.

The problem here is that the status of returns delivery and credit memo is closed but the status of this returns order is shown as being processed and also is reflected in open orders report.

Can anyone please suggest why this is shown as being processed and not as closed despite the returns order being fully delivered and invoiced?

Note: the Completion rule for Item category of my returns order is set to B-Item is completed after full quantity has been referenced. Is it because of this? What would be the implications if I make this blank? Any other suggestions too would be highly appreciated

Thanks and Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Invoice (100qty).creating a sales order for this 30qty and creating a delivery (for 30qty) and credit memo.

> Note: the Completion rule for Item category of my returns order is set to B-Item is completed after full quantity has been referenced. Is it because of this? What would be the implications if I make this blank?

Hi,

Yes,the order status being processed is coming because of this,you invoiced 100qty and returned 30qty so there are remaining 70qty is there because of completion rule B system check the total qty.Make this field blank or C Item is completed after the target qty is fully referenced.

Regards

Ram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is b'coz, you create Credit memo with reference to Return Order (sales order), not from return delivery.

Further, if you check the standard copying control for VTFL ( Source: LR & Target: G2), you will not find config for this.

In standard, we have standard Billing doc type for this, that is RE - Credit for Returns (VOFA order-related billing VTFA).

So your standard process flow can be.

RE (Return Order)

-> LR (Return Delivery)

-> RE (Credit for Returns)

FYI, you can refer routine 2 - Ord-rel.credit memo from VOFM - Data transfer - Billing Document.

And that is the reason, why it is recommended to take Sales order as reference, instead of invoice.

Also, refer/check copying control config for VTFA for Return Order - RE to Credit for Returns - RE for Item category REN

Regards

JP