cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release from DP to SNP and Release from DP to PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a doubt, what is the difference of releasing forecast from DP to SNP and from DP to PPDS. I mean, how does it makes a difference in //rrp3 view? What I know is,a release of forecast would anyways add a negative FC reqs. .

Is there any difference in these different releases ?

Please explain. .

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Prasad.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Where did you hear about release of forecast from DP to PPDS? There is no such thing.

When we use the word "release forecast from DP to SNP", we mean that we are releasing the time series data in DP to SNP with the category forecast. In this process, we also convert the time series data to order series data which is then visible in SNP and even in PPDS.

One way I can say that use of the word SNP is actually a misnomer, since the data is being converted to order series which can be used in SNP or PPDS, without any extra effort for its use in either of these modules.

Hope this explains.

Thanks - Pawan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There's no process "release DP forecast to PPDS".

The process is called "release to SNP", but anyway DP time series forcasts are converted to order with category 'FC' or 'FA', which could be displayed both in /sapapo/sdp94 snp planning book, and in product view /sapapo/rrp3. No matter where you display the order, you should see the same information. In SNP planning book, it is displayed as positive value, since we know it's in 'Demand' group. In product view, you see it in negative value, which indicates it is a requirement instead of receipt.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pawan and Ada,

Yes, Even I was thinking on the same lines. . Just got confused with this term "Release to PPDS". Probably, it is just a term used here to mention the release of forecast . . .

Anyways, Thanks a lot for your replies.

Take Care,

Regards,

Prasad.