cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRM question

Former Member
0 Kudos

friends,

In BRM->define role->additional details->provisioning...how can we edit field 'role exists'.

i am unable to display roles by doing a search on role names during access request creation because of the above field saying 'no'.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinu,

Straight answer, the term 'Role Exists' simply means that the role you are querying exists in the system or not. If you do NOT have the role in your backend system, it will say 'NO' for the 'Role 'Exists' for that plug-in system you are checking.

Let me know if you still have questions.

Good luck!

Follow me: @grcguru

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I create a new single role from AM->Role Maintenance, role is getting created in the back end system. However, the Role Exists column says NO. This field is not modifiable.

I believe due to this, I am unable to find the roles while creating requests in ARQ.

Can you suggest?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try with these jobs after generate the role

u2022 SPRO -> Access Control --> Synchronization Jobs --> Repository Object Synch

u2022 SPRO -> Access Control --> Synchronization Jobs --> Authorization Synch

Regards,

Ignacio Barrionuevo

Former Member
0 Kudos

running background jobs fixed the problem...

Thanks to everybody..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!,

In order to be able to search the role in ARQ you have to set "Provisioning Allowed" to YES and the role status must be set to "production". Refer: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_grcac10/helpdata/en/cc/036324250447c5874e67ae28f30a88/frameset.htm

Are you using this configurations?

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Yes i got those options correctly....i imported 100 roles and was able to find only 1 role in search on the access request form..

only difference is that this role has "YES" in the field "role exists".

Edited by: Srinu Koveta on Mar 7, 2012 7:23 AM