cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Connection Failure for Sql server...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts...

I am not able to get connection for Sql server or Oracle database while creating new connection in Universe Designer. I tried creating a new DSN for ODBC but it is always coming with the connection failure. I have failed to understand the real problem.

Could you all help me out solving this problem with proper navigation as to what exactly I should do.

Thanks in advance..

RajeshG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Did you configure the DSN properly and is it responding fine?

Steps to Create a DSN

The steps to create a DSN vary depending on the data source type. These are general guidelines.

Open the ODBC Data Source Administrator.

Click one of the tabs labeled User DSN, System DSN, or File DSN(here you can try with system)

Click Add.

Click one of the ODBC drivers for which you want to configure a DSN. For example: Sql server for MS sql server .

Click Finish.

Enter the 'Data Source Name' (required, user-specified) and the 'Description' (optional) in the ODBC Driver Setup dialog box.

Enter the server name->Next-> select the sql server authentication radi button-> enter databse login id and password->next->test the datasource ->Now it shouldrespond.

Now log into universe designer-> create a new connection ->When select the odbc drivers-> i

-> give the database user name and pwd->in the datasource drop down list you will find the DSN that you created ->select the DSN

and test the connection.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Pramod.