cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why cant i paste chinese characters in operation long texts in COR2?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Why cant i paste chinese characters in operation long texts in COR2?

here's what i did:

1. cor2 > enter process order (aufk)

2. clicked on Operations.

3. edited long text for operation 0330

4. pasted chinese characters.

here's what happened:

i pasted this one:

"测试"

and the one's pasted in the gui is this one:

"??"

anybody has an idea on where to tweak this one?

thanks a lot,

Mr M.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The first problem that is usually encountered is that after updating the long text with the function SAVE_TEXT, the new text is not visible in standard SAP transactions like COR2,CO02. The new text can be read with the function READ_TEXT though. The trick is that SAP uses the u201Clong text existsu201D indicator, the field TXTSP in the table AFVC. To make the text u201Cvisibleu201D to standard transactions, we have to set the TXTSP value to the current language (or the textu2019s language). Unfortunately, this has to be done with the direct UPDATE on the AFVC u2013 there are no known workarounds.

Another problem can be seen when the same order is processed by users that use different languages. While SAP allows to store the long text for the same operation in several languages, actually, only one text object will be active at the same time in regard to standard transactions u2013 the object in the last saved language. That means, when SAP writes the text back, the TXTSP will be overwritten with the current language (say, language A). If the next user is working in another language (language B), SAP will present the text in the u201Cfirstu201D language (A) in the CO03 (even if the text in language B exists!). But after saving, the text will be written in the new language and TXTSP will be set accordingly.

So, when working with long texts directly, you have to read with READ_TEXT using the language stored in TXTSP, NOT with the current language. When saving, you save in the current language and set the TXTSP to the current language. This way you are consistent with what SAP does and this will prevent you from surprises in a multilingual environment.

Hope the information is useful

Regards

Swetha