cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Batch to Batch material transfer posting with Insp type 08

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

With the Inspection type 08, a particular material is transferred from various batches to a common batch through movement type 309 movement type in t.code MB1B. So the Inspection Lot gets generated for every Batch to Batch transfer of that particular material in the same posting. During this posting, a material document gets generated. Here we have an issue.

One Inspection Lot is having the full quantity 3,200 KG (Summation of all the Inspection Lots quantity generated during the 309 movement type in MB1B posting). When I checked the material posting in MB51 t.code for 309 movement type, the summation of quantity shows 3,200 KG (for various postings happened for 309 movement type in the same material document)

But we dont expect the total quantity (3,200 KG) in the single Inspection Lot. Please advice.

Regards,

Brijesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Brijesh,

Please check below path and maintain your requirement,

SPRO --> Quality Management --> Quality Inspection --> Inspection Lot Creation --> Define Default Values for Inspection Type --> Select inspection type 08 --> Go in details --> Inspection lot creation --> Control insLot (Select your requirement as you want).

-sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear al,

The Inspection Lots have been created individually for all the line items. But only for one particular Insp Lot, the quantity is summed up from all the remaining Inspection Lots created during the posting. Please advice.

Regards,

Brijesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Brijesh,

I can't understand from your explaination. Can you give me step by step infromation about your process (With T.Code) ?

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI the inspection type is 08 or 0800. If you have activated inspection type 08 with stock in quality it ll create an inspection lot 0800 for the remaining material in quality inspection. Is that the case?

Regards,

Smruti

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have not yet told us what the "control insp. lot" setting is in the material master. Two posters have indicated to you to check this but you have not indicated that you have.

This setting in the material master willl help determine if you get one inspectoin lot or multiple inspections lots.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

My problem is one Inspection Lot created for the same material document is summing up all the Inpection Lot qunatities created in the same material doc. How is it possible?

Please advice

Regards,

Brijesh

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please.. see my previous posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And others!!!!!

What is the control inspection lot value set at for the 08 inspection type!!!!

We have been trying to tell you that this value is what causes that!!!!!!!!

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

The control inspection lot is "for each material document item" for the Inspectio type 08. Please let me know if u need any further Info.

Regards

Brijesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Brijesh,

I think your lot is generated properly.Please check MB51transaction one by one.

-Sandip

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.. i think I understand what is happening. (maybe).

You are combining several batcehs into one via one material document using a 309 movement type

MTRL A batch 1001 250 kgs -

> MTRL B batch 2000

MTRL A batch 1002 250 kgs -

> MTRL B batch 2000

MTRL A batch 1003 250 kgs -

> MTRL B batch 2000

MTRL A batch 1004 250 kgs -

> MTRL B batch 2000

As a result of this you are getting 5 inspection lots

Lot 1 - 0 stock

Lot 2 - 0 stock

Lot 3 - 0 stock

Lot 4 - 0 stock

Lot 5 - 1000 kgs

Is this an accurate representation of what you are seeing?

If so, I think you are getting an inspection lot for each 309 movement and you are getting a another 08 for MTRL B.

What I am not sure about is what you want to achieve. Do you want the 4 individual inspection lots or do you want the one final lot with all the stock on it?

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Material master QM view under the 08 inspection set up you have the option for control of inspection lot and you have the below options there.

' ' An inspection lot for each material document item (No lot summary)

An inspection lot is created for each item in the goods receipt document.

'X' An inspection lot for each stock transport order item/batch/storage location

'1' An inspection lot for each material document ,material, batch and storage location.

'2' An inspection lot for each material, batch and storage location

If you set this indicator, the system creates only one inspection lot for each material and batch. This setting is advisable for materials with a batch management requirement.

You can select the required option to control the generation of inspection lot.

Hope this helps you

Regards

Hari