cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build a search help for different fields on a web dynpro component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am working on a Web Dynpro component and the display screen has 7 input fields... 1 each for the days in a week ... like Monday, Sunday, Tuesday...... and for each day field I will need a search help. The issue here is each day can have a different search help as the search help criterion is based on the date. So can you please tell me how can I achieve this?

basically Monday can have possible value like 1,2 and 3 but Tuesday might have 2,3 and 4 based on the date.

Thanks,

Rajat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RicardoRomero_1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use OVS for each field for change the logic depending on the date.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/47/9ef8c99b5e3c5ce10000000a421937/content.htm

[Customizing F4 Help in Web Dynpro ABAP Using OVS|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/606288d6-04c6-2c10-b5ae-a240304c88ea?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true&46072114248696]

Or [Freely programmed search help|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80ae749c-87c9-2d10-87bd-821b5e92ee69?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true&49478023320206].

Or you can assing a DDIC search help dinamically using the class if_wd_context_node_info.

Hope this help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Ricardo, I already started developing the Free programming search help for my requirement. I have created a second web dynpro component let's sat ZSEARCH_HELP and created the context node with all the fields that I need to display on the screen and I am using IWD_VALUE_HELP interface. On my main component I have days from Sunday till Saturday and each day can have different search helps values based on the dates, now the issue how can I pass the information about the day that the user selected from my main component to the search help component?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rajat,

Take an interface node in your search help component which has an attribute to store the date.

i.e The interface node property of the node must be checked.

Now when we use the search help component in main component, map this interface node to our

main component and bind the attribute value after user enters the date.So the date value would be

available in search help component and can use to show different values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Harish... my issue here is how can I identify out of seven cells (for seven days) which cell did user click F4 on?

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In performance wise below is best one i suggest, instead of creating seven search helps.

consider two dropdown by keys, in 1st dropdown display monday to sunday, i now depends on 1st value generate value for second dropdown

Regards

Srinvias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the method SET_VALUE_HELP_LISTENER in COMPONENTCONTROLLER. This method has come

from the implemented interface ( IWD_VALUE_HELP ) . Here you will have an importing parameter which

has a reference to IF_WD_VALUE_HELP_LISTENER. Using this reference you can get the name of the

input field clicked.

data : attr_name type string.
        attr_name = listener->f4_attribute_info-name.

Now you have the clicked field name.

hope this helps.