Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big File issue

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Group,

When we are trying to process the big file (around 40MB) ,the source file adapter not picking up the file,we are using AAE,can any body suggest if we required any addition tuning.

Regards,

Rajiv

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

As said above by Michal 40 MB is not a big file but if yo need to tune your server you can set the below parameters in PI Server.

u2022 UME Parameters : May be we need to look into the pool size and poolmax wait parameters - UME recommended parameters (like: poolmaxsize=50, poolmaxwait=60000)

u2022 Tuning Parameters: May be we need to look/define the Message Size Limit u201Clike: EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT = 0000100u201D under tuning category

u2022 ICM Parameters: May be we need to consider ICM parameters (ex: icm/conn_timeout = 900000. icm/HTTP/max_request_size_KB = 2097152)

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen.

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Group,

I agreed with Michael,but I am not sure why the file is not picking up,there are no errors in RWB ,also file permissions all are OK.

Naveen,

Can you tell me where these settings needs to perform.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

Just goto TCode -->sxmb_adm --> IntegrationEngine Configuration --> From Category just select Tuning and then click on icon i. You would get it.

Parameter EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT

you can change the parameters in rz10 and rz11.

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the status of the file adapter? Sometimes it shows green, but it will have some errors at the cluster level.

Can you check if the channel is locked? If yes you have to unlock from NWA.

Also you may have to check the file names also, once.

Best regards,

Ravi

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check if you have enough table space left?

YOu can check if there are any errors on the communication channel (in RWB Communication channel monitor).

Usually 5 MB is the optimal file size that can be transferred in PI.

Bigger files can be transferred using special techniques as described here.

Check section 3.2.9.2 Large File Handling of this document

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2016a0b1-1780-2b10-97bd-be3ac6221...

Best Regards,

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>can any body suggest if we required any addition tuning.

for 40MB you don't need anything - big messages start with 100-250 Mb

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AAE is capable of handling large file size. But still you might want to split the file in to smaller size. This might be better design practice.