Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to export the Schema

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

7.1 SP 8

I am facing some problem while i try to extract the schema .

right click on the repository -> Transport -> Export repository schema .

i get an error called "This repository requires additional steps before transport . See MDS log for details ".

And the Log does not help much to analyse the issue it says -> "Attempt to create delta failed . RC exception caught 0x86020002".

Has any one tackled this error before .

I have tried the Verify and repair option as well but still not able to export the schema .

Regards,

VIgnesh

Edited by: Vag Vignesh Shenoy on Mar 6, 2012 3:22 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

This seems some kind of failure due to large export file.

Try unloading and loading repository.

Also have a look in logs with entry having function id 2248278018.

Pls revert with results.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the logs again .It will be clearly mentioned which object is stopping the schema export.

Even I have faced this problem many times.It occurs due to some validationa dn assignment or any object which gets corrupt due to value change.

But I am very sure you will get something in Log.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Yes i got the solution last nite , its because of some lookup values which i had used in some of the validations and assignments this issue was occuring .

Thanks for your quick response .

Regards,

Vignesh

0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

It appears that you have used lookup values in validation expressions. You can view it in the pop-up (where we accept/reject the changes while exporting ) as data Dependency. you will have to remove those lookups before export.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Vineet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vineet,

Can you double check and confirm if we get the pop up where we accept and reject changes while Exporting the schema?

If i am not wrong we get the Pop Up while we Import the schema where we can accept or reject the Changes flowing into the current schema and it is there we face dependencies failure and Schema doesnot get imported.

Correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Rgds,

Prasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

You are correct when we use Export schema and import schema in import we get option to select and reject changes but when we use CTS we get option to select delta during export.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

Yes we do get the option when we use "Export Change File" option.

Rgds,

Prasad

0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

It was an oversight. I meant if one uses CTS+ for transport, you get the pop up while exporting only. If you export schema, certainly, you will get the pop-up during import.

Thanks & Regards,

Vineet