cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between material(/SAPAPO/MAT1) & material(/SCWM/MAT1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to EWM & I am confuse between Product(/SAPAPO/MAT1)

& Product(/SCWM/MAT1) ?.

Please anyone outline me some brief about above to product in EWM.

Regards,

Rock

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you transfer the material from ERP, then you get a product in SCM. The TA /SAPAPO/MAT1 is for maintaining the APO product. There is nothing you need to maintain here, actually most fields you should not maintain, as they get overwritten from ERP as long as the integration model is active.

The only thing you might need to maintain is on the tap properties 2, some EWM processes make use of product groups.

The TA /SCWM/MAT1 is to create a warehouse product. This is the same as the WM views in ERP, just for EWM. BUT: you do not need to maintain this. Other then one of the colleagues wrote, and other then in ERP, the warehouse product is not necessary, you would only maintain it if you need to control something product specific.

Best regards

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleague,

Since both APO and EWM are under MySAP SCM. They share the same master data.

so all the tabs in /scwm/mat1 are same as /sapapo/mat1 except for warehouse Data Tab. In case you need to use the material in EWM for the material in APO (/sapapo/mat1 ) you just need to create Warehouse Data tab using /scwm/mat1. all other inforamtion of the Material master coming to EWM comes from /scwm/apo.

so

APO MD -- /sapapo/mat1.

EWM MD - /sapapo/mat1 + /scwm/mat1 ( only warehouse Data tab ).

Hope this would be helpful

Thanks

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudiu/sandeep,

I wanna know after doing CIF for material master from ECC it will received by SCM system .

So I want to know in SCM system what are the further process required to enable It for

EWM managed product.

Regards,

Rock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

just go to /scwm/mat1 and press create button for this material. Save it. Thats it.

Thanks

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rock,

In order for the Product to be relevant for the EWM system you need to maintain only the /SCWM/MAT1 - Maintain Warehouse Product transaction. There you will find the screen tabs that are relevant only for EWM. All the tabs that have the little hat came automatically from the CIF from the ECC system and all those that do not have the hat are the ones strictly relevant for the EWM system so these are the only ones that you need to maintain.

As I mentioned earlier, the /SAPAPO/MAT1 - Maintain Product transaction is for APO and does not make a product relevant for the EWM Warehouse.

All the best,

Claudiu Maxim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rock,

The main difference is that the first /SAPAPO/MAT1 refferes to the product used in the APO system and so the latter refers to the Product which is used in the EWM.As you have seen the APO product master is replicated in the SCM system from the CIF transport but the necesary fields for are not filled.

If you have EWM implemented and not APO than you do not need to use the first. You must although create/maintain the warehouse product after the CIF transport from ERP. To do this we have used the LSMW function.

All the best,

Claudiu Maxim