cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to Idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a scenario like file to Idoc. I want to know how the errors can be seen in IDX5 Tcode. i have read one blog according to that i have seen the ST22 Tcode . there i found some ABAP dumb and with my user name i have seen one report was failing with the error like there was one field (Data Type) as char . that was showing the error message. So now my question was how to find that error belongs to which Interface. And in IDX5 also i have seen some Inbound and outbound messages in that .

IDX5 will register all the messages or only the error onces. Please clarify me .

Thanks and Regards,

Ram.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

apart from what Greg said it's very good to start with a right resource for IDOC and PI

(book with screenshots and very detailed descriptions created from questions on this forum too)

http://www.sap-press.com/products/Mastering-IDoc-Business-Scenarios-with-SAP-NetWeaver-PI.html

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

First of all, IDoc communication is asynchronous by definition, so you won't get any status update in PI other than a confirmation of the connection success (IDoc successfully passed to receiver system). If this is your requirement, you might want to go for IDoc acknowledgements.

To locate an IDoc that is responsible for a short dump in st22, you have to find the IDoc message that stayed in status 64. This is the only way that I know.

>>> IDX5 will register all the messages or only the error onces

It registers all the IDocs sent.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the fast reply, how to find the failed onces by using the IDX5. i have checked with the IDOC status with 64.

I didn't find any messages in the We02 and We05 . But with my user name one

Reprot name:- SAPLKKBL

ABAP Runtime Error:- UC_OBJECTS_NOT_CHARLIKE

This was the error show in the ABAP Dumps.(ST22 Tcode.)

Thanks and Regards,

Ram.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

Most probably the connection between PI and ECC is not set up on your user ID, is it? So for IDoc problems, you would rather have to search for all st22 dumps. And in general, only in case you found any IDoc in 64 status, because IDoc errors other than short dumps are normally put into IDoc status that you can see in IDoc monitors, not short dump analysis.

Regarding that dump you can see on your user - most probably it occurred while you were using some functionality in the backend system. Didn't you get that characteristic SAP dump screen today?

Hope this helps,

Greg