cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Clarifications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks

I need some clarification in contract w.r.t classic and extended classic scenarios.

1. What is a central contract and difference between the central contract and local contract created in SRM.

2. Can we import contract from ECC and make it as a central contracts (What settings needs to be done while importing to make it as central contract) in SRM. Again the imported contracts from ECC in SRM, are we allowed to change it.

3. Whenever a contract is created in SRM, how can we distribute to ECC.

4. Difference between the contracts and the Global outline agreements.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever you upload contracts from ECC to SRM; those contracts become SRM Local Contracts. As even you update those contracts; corrosponding ECC contracts are not updated.

Now when you update contract in ECC; you should upload it to SRM to have synergy.

In ECS; if you want contracts to be replicated to ECC you should distribute those. Then only changes in ECC will reflect in SRM.

As per my understanding; Central Contracts can be stated as; Contracts handled from SRM. i.e. Primary Copy of contracts is created in SRM & then distributed to ECC. So any chagnes to be made to contracts supposed to be done in SRM & then should be distributed to ECC. Actully this is core of ECS.

As I stated erlier; you need to setup Central Contract Mangement Scenario in ECS to use this functionality.

There you setup some idoc's & BAdi's.

Useful Links:

Service Market Place -> Release & U[grade Info -> Installation & Upgrade Guides -> SRM Server 7.0 -> Configuration Guides for SAP SRM 7.0 -> SAP SRM 7.0: Operational Contract Management

Note 1268821 - SRM 7.0 / ERP 6.04: Config. of Central Contract Management

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/EN/79/d5962a003a4865b21cf3cdf42cf75b/frameset.htm

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. What is a central contract and difference between the central contract and local contract created in SRM.

-> When you say central contract it's comman in SRM & ECC. We call SRM contracts as Local Contracts.

2. Can we import contract from ECC and make it as a central contracts (What settings needs to be done while importing to make it as central contract) in SRM. Again the imported contracts from ECC in SRM, are we allowed to change it.

-> We use program BBP_CONTRACT_INITIAL_UPLOAD upload ECC contracts to SRM. Now those contracts are Local Contracts. If you want to make those contracts as Central; then you need to impelement Extended Classic Scenario. Local Contracts can be changed but backend contracts will not be updated accordingly.

3. Whenever a contract is created in SRM, how can we distribute to ECC.

-> For this you have to go with Extended Classic Scenario. When you create contracts there is one button 'Distribute' (I do not remember exact button name). In this way Local Contract is transferred to ECC. For this you have to do whole new configuration for Central Contracts.

4. Difference between the contracts and the Global outline agreements.

-> GOA has been finalized by PurGroup for whole Organization. GOA can be finalized as Contracts(Ourline Agreements) or Scheduling Agreements.

In a way contracts can be part of GOA.

Regards,

yaniVy

reward if helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yanvi

Thank you very much for your awesome answer.

But still i have some clarifications, in extended classic scenario, while importing contracts from ECC and it is available as central contracts in SRM. Now suppose a contract changed in ECC how to replicate the change to SRM since we cannot change the backend contracts in SRM.

Second, in extended classic scenario, is this contracts essential to distribute to ECC and is it possible to change this contracts in ECC.

(I guess, the local contracts also be a central contracts because the need of distribution is required to ECC) Any one please clarify on this.

Third, how the contracts from SRM to ECC and vice versa replicated, is it using BAPI or IDOcs .

Is it possible to share the configurations for the contracts in both technical and extended classic scenarios in detail.

Pls share the links describing detailed configuration.

Thanks, looking for your reply.

Edited by: santhosh.s on Mar 6, 2012 7:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Santosh,

Once you replicate the contract from ECC to SRM, it will create central contract in SRM. Once you are done with the replication, you need to close the existing ERP contract. Else you will end up having duplicate contracts. These contracts will not be in sync.

If you wish to distribute the central contract back to ECC, then you need to assign the backend POrg and distribute it back to your backend system. This will ensure your backend contract and SRM central contract are in sync.

For extended classic, it is not essential to distribute the central contract to backend system as central contract (which are basically available in the SRM only) are avaialble as a source of supply in the sourcing cockpit. Only in the classic scenario, it is necessary to distribute the central contract to the backend system as only backend contracts are available as source of supply in the backend system.

Contracts are replicated from SRM to ECC in the xml mode using SOA proxy services. You need to use the business scenario central contract management in the PI system for the required integration.

Once the central contracts are distributed back to the backend system, any changes in the backned contract will also be reflected back in the central contract.

thanks and regards,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan

As per your below point

Once the central contracts are distributed back to the backend system, any changes in the backned contract will also be reflected back in the central contract.

Can you please tell me how this can be achieved, using program in batch jobs.

Please tell me those.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Santosh,

If you create any purchasing document in the backend system using the contract in the backend system, the backend contract as well as the ceontracl contract will be updated simultaneously. There is a PI independent direct call from the ERP system to update the central contract in the SRM.

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this direct call is there any need to implement any background jobs. Can you please tell me the program will is doing this Sync

Thank you.

former_member22425
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

The status update will happen by the Synchronous peer-to peer Services. Refer to the Note 1268336.

1) Querying pricing information (CCM): While creating the Purchase Order in the ERP system using the central contract as source of supply, ERP queries the SRM Server for the most actual price using the synchronous service operation

PurchaseOrderSRMPricingSimulateQueryResponse_In.

2) Checking archiving status (CCM): Before archiving the central contract in the SRM server, the status of the distributed

contract in the connected ERP systems must be queried by the SRM Server using the synchronous service operation

PurchasingContractSRMArchivingCheckQueryResponse_Out.

Best Regards,

Rahul