cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDS_MAINT behaviour

former_member182332
Participant

Hi,

If you enter a material in transaction PDS_MAINT, that does not have a PDS already set up for it, shouldn't the

report time out or issue an error message and not lock up your session permanently?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor

Hi Gomathi,

Not clear what you are talking about?

Could you explain clearly?

Thanks- Pawan

former_member182332
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

The scenario is that when I enter the PDS_MAIN transaction and enter a material plant combination that does not have a PDS then my question is that, shouldn't it time out or give a error message rather than locking the transaction? My scenario is that when i try to enter such material , plant (without PDS) then the transaction is getting locked. i am expecting a "time out" or "error" scenarion.

Thanks for your Help

BR

Gomathi

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gomathi,

I have never heard about a transaction called PDS_MAINT.

Let me assume that you are talking about the transaction /SAPAPO/CURTO_SIMU - Display Production Data Structures.

PDS transaction forces you to give a product (and may be with a location). Otherwise, you get a message saying that "selection is not specific enough".

If there is no PDS for your provided material/location, system gives an error message quite quickly. That is the standard behaviour.

Only if there are too many PDS for a particular material, system might take time. But chances of this are very less, since you won't have so many PDS for a single material.

If performance of this transaction is not good, then may be some OSS note would be required. I could locate only one note 725120, but it's only applicable for SCM 410. Not sure if it's relevant for you.

If your APO system is overall having performance issue, then also you could be seeing performance issue for the above transaction. In that case, Basis needs to check what is causing the performance issue in APO.

Time out only happens if your time exceeds a particular time value. Mostly, it could have value of around 10-20 minutes, which your Basis team would have set up.

May be you can wait the next time till your system gets timed out after this period of around 10-20 minutes. Then, please share the dump information from ST22. That could provide some more inputs for analysis.

Thanks - Pawan

former_member182332
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Pawan for your help

Answers (0)