Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Optimizer: Error during call of SAP back end system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Please help me solve the problem.

I just installed Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1

And I want to download from the basket support packages for Solution Manager.

I run the Maintenance Optimizer. Opens a web interface where I select the system and get to a step to confirm the files in the Download Basket. But I get the message that no files in the Download Basket.

And I get this error:

Error during call of SAP back end system (see long text)

№ message SOLMAN_SAP_BACKEND005

Diagnosis

Error calling SAP backend system: RFC destination SAP-OSS does not exist.SAP-OSS via RFC destination

But I setup a connection to SAP. In a transaction SM59 I choose to test the RFC connection SAPOSS and it succeeds.

Maybe I have something not configured?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

pls verify this sap notes

[SAP NOTE 982045|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=982045]

and the another note attached Note 984520 - Error calling the SAP back-end system

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the note to 982045!

Problem solved.

I realized that SAPOSS and SAP-OSS is a different connections. I did not have SAP-OSS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem.  The whole problem was caused by the password for the user in SAP-OSS rfc getting changed.  Since then, I have tried regenerating destination SAP-OSS by deleting it and then in Solman work center trying to configure it again.  It doesn't work, just says RFC destination SAP-OSS not created.  Now we do not have a SAP-OSS rfc destination.  Do you recommend creating it manually?  I have sent a message to SAP and their recommendation was to wait a few days and it should start working.  But I wonder how it will start working if we don't have the SAP-OSS connection.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

hav you checked the authorisation test on sm59 SAPOSS.

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course I checked the connection in transaction SM59:

connection SAPOSS OK

I even delete and recreate the connection SAPOSS, but it is still a error in the Maintenance Optimizer