cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPNego configuration on NetWeaver Composite Environment 7.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having trouble setting up the SPNego on a NetWeaver Composite Environment version 7.2 sp 06 (Windows platform).

the SPNego configuration is fairly straight forward on 7.2. After I create a realm and enable, then restart the AS JAVA server, the NWA and SPNego page are uanble to display on the browser. It is just a blank page and indicate the application is not started.

Here is a list of what I did

1 create a technical user on AD and give a service principal name

2 create a realm manually, setup the user name, password and the algorithms of the realm, and then enable it.

3 restart the AS JAVA (CE 7.2 sp06)

It is weird the user administration page is still accessible.

Any ideas?

Best Regards

Jack Xiong

Edited by: Jack Xiong on Mar 6, 2012 9:20 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cathal_ohare
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

It sounds liks an issue with NWA rather than spnego, have you tired pinpointing the exact error in the defaultTrace of the server0 node?

You might want to run the webdiagtool from note 1045019 (or the trouble shooting wizard since you have a 7.2 system) following exmple 1 in the note to get a better idea of what the issue is.

Kind regards,

Cathal

Edited by: Cathal O'Hare on Mar 6, 2012 7:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cathal,

Thank you very much for the support. The NWA works fine, but rather the configuration of SPNego affects the functions of NWA.

I checked the security log in server0, and found out there is a time difference between the AS JAVA and AD. Since there is a time tag on the kerberos ticket, I assume this is the reason for this abnormal behaviour. After I synchronize the time, the SPNego works as expected.

Thanks & Best Regards

Jack Xiong