Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Held Orders post Go-live?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We've the following situation:

1) We're planning to implement Credit Mgt in the system.

2) The Credit Llimits are maintained externally by a Fin Institution and hence post the implementation, there will be a daily udpate of the credit limits of the customers from an interface from the Fin Inst.

3) For data migration for cutover, we're of the following opinion: we'll NOT move the configuration for Credit checks and master data for Credit Mgt( FD32). We'll migrate the orders into the system, then force a credit hold and then move the configuration.

The issue with this approach is once the FD32 and Cr Mgt config is moved, the open receivables are not udpated. My questions:

1) Will running F.28 solve the issue? i.e. update the FD32 with the right recievables and exposure of the Customer?

2) If not, what is the suggested approach for migrating orders that are on hold in Legacy?

Regards

Raghu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rags,

It's usual that an insurancer withdraws the coverage after some nonpayments by the customer to other vendors. But if you sold in the past with this coverage, in my opinion the operation is insuranced, you'd not need run F.27. Ask to the CFO or the credit manager what are the terms in the insurance agreements. Check if when you delete the coverage at FD32 the next SO or deliveries are locked according the rules you set at OVA8.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To your question.

When there is credit mngt, there is lot to talk about the problems.

In your case, you can try the following.

First do FD32 for all customers.

Upload the receivables, deliveries etc and check if their values are correspondingly getting updated in credit related tables.

Second, upload only open orders which should pass through the credit check. That means the FD32 credit limit should be atleast the total of all the net value of orders ,totalled customerwise. If this is done, your credit limit will be consumed.

Third upload the open orders which need to be blocked. You can sort the records based on customer numbers and after upload, look at the status of each of these orders. You can see this in VKM3 or so. Here the values should tally. If they are not tallying, then you have to do a recheck for these orders alone. You can also check the S066 table entries for each customers, to know the credit status of each customer.

This sequence should take care of both credit limits and receivables.