cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP load and sync parameters?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I read several posts on load and sync parameters and also the blog on sdn explaining it. I still have some questions around the same. Can someone help please?

1) Is it mandatory to have sync parameters to an MBO? What would happen if I dont have it?

2) I took the example of BAPI_MATERIAL_GET_DETAIL, created an MBO out of MATERIAL_GENERAL_DATA(output structure). This output structure does not have material number in its attibutes. If I create a sync parameter I do not have a field to map to in the MBO (MATERIAL_GENERAL_DATA). However I have to pass material number from the device (iPhone) to SUP. How should I proceed in this case? I am I missing something?

3) I have set the load parameter in this MBO definition to be Material number. I have not however mapped the load and the sync parameters.

The difference between all examples I have read and the BAPI I have chosen is that the structure MATERIAL_GENERAL_DATA is not a table hence will have one value per material number.

So how should I design the MBO in this case?

Regards

LNV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi LNV,

Synchronization parameters are between the Device and the MBO. The device doesn't knows anything about the backend, it is just getting data from SUP. So if you don't have the MATERIAL attribute on the MBO you can't do what you are expecting.

So you need to add this attribute to the MBO and then map it to your load parameters when calling the BAPI between SUP and SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh thanks Marshal.

So it does it mean

1. Create MBO with MATERIAL_GENERAL_DATA attributes and then manually add a material number (String(18)) attribute.

2. Create a sync parameter for material number and map it to the manually added material number attribute of the MBO.

3. Map the Material No: attribute of the BAPI in the load parameter to the sync parameter.

Are these steps right?

How does the material number get stored in the MBO i create? How does SUP fill up that value in the MBO? The remaining attributes (material details) I understand come from the BAPI output parameters. The material number is not available in any of the output return in the BAPI.

I am I missing a point somewhere??

Regards

LNV

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi LNV,

Try to add a custom attribute manually in the MBO. After that, go to load parameters tab, and in the column "propagate to attribute" select your new custom MBO field for your MATERIAL NUMBER input parameter.

I'm not a 100% sure if that works, but if it doesn't maybe you will have to create a Z BAPI and add the field to the structure...

Hope it helps.