cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC serilization issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a issue that Incoming IDOCS process out of order after XI outage. So for that I can searilize them. But with that, if error occurs with 1 idoc, the subsequent idocs will not processed, until the failed one is resolved.

If an IDOC was in error couldn't we continue to process the remaining one's in order? Is there any way around?

Thanks,

Vineet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I understand that this is how serilization works. But what I need is work around for this. I mentioned, I am planning to serilize idoc's but i need other idoc's to be processed in same order even if one idoc fails.

I was not sure if there is work around for this. But I thought of taking openion on this.

Thanks,

Vineet

Former Member
0 Kudos

One option if your receiver system is SAP and you plan to implement serialization in that system in IDoc processing.

1. Make the source system indicate the sequential number.

2. Map this to EDIDC_SERIAL of the IDocs you are posting.

3. Always process these IDocs using RBDAPP01 , in background node, where the logic of it sorts the IDocs to be processed on various field values, SERIAL being one of them.

xinjiang_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'm not sure whether idoc status 68 will be processed or not in idoc serialization case. If not, then you can schedule a background job to change the status to 68 for the specific idoc type. This may be the work around...

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

In fact, this is why you serialize IDocs: to have them processed in a specific order, and only process further ones if preceding ones are all processed successfully. So basically they should be processed in receiver system in the same order they left sender system. If this is not what you require, simply turn off the serialization and you'll be fine

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

that I can searilize them. But with that, if error occurs with 1 idoc, the subsequent idocs will not processed, until the failed one is resolved.

Seralization means idocs are proceess with in order / EOIO so if one idoc failed remain all idocs are stopped not process.

failed idoc have to solve then re process .

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Serialization process works like EOIO processing, so Fialed IDoc have to clear i beleive.