cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trace messages in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have developed an adapter module that includes calls to the infoT, debugT, errorT methods of the Trace class (from the Adapter Framework API). These methods, in theory, should generate trace messages that get sent to a log destination that is defined in the log-configuration.xml file - in my case this is ./log/defaultTrace.trc

I have deployed the EAR file containing the module to our XI integration server and everything works fine except that none of the trace messages appear in the defaultTrace.trc (when viewed via Log Viewer in the Visual Administrator).

Anyone any ideas why these trace messages are not appearing? I have tried to implement some of the suggestions raised on this board but they have not resolved the issue. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try the URL

http://host:port/MessagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp

You can see all your trace messages appear here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amol

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I have already checked the Messaging System Monitor for messages but they do not appear here. In any case, I thought the only messages that would appear in the Messaging System Audit Log would be those that had been generated from the addAuditLogEntry method of the Audit class (from the adapter module API). I have several audit messages in my code and these do appear in the audit log.

I am expecting my trace messages to appear in the destintation defined in my log-configuration.xml file i.e. defaultTrace.trc

We are currently using SP15 - could this be a SP-related issue?

Regards

Simon