SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refinery Manufacturing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'm working on a project for a downstream company (no upstream production)

One of their business units is the refining of crude oil and feedstock into gasoline, asphalt and lube products

We got the downstream functions (primary and secondary distribution) taken care of with the IS-OIL solution. But there is nothing within IS-OIL for the manufacturing processes

We would like to introduce the PP-PI functionality for the finished good production and the integration to product costing

But we are facing a challenge here convincing the client to embrace it. We would like to know what other companies have done

Can anybody comment? Also, if you could provide a brief list of companies using PP-PI (and, if the case, any interfase with MES or MII) that would be great, so we can start a benchmark analysis

Many thanks in advance,

JL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Refineries are  continuous process industry which involves mass balancing technique for arriving at production/gain/loss figure . As far I know there are specialized software for refinery mass balancing and they  allow integration with process data control . These specialized software calculate all production figures (Production intake/output/gain loss) and push it to SAP (assuming SAP is book of records) . Now posting in SAP can be done via directly thru movement types or process order to allow product costing.

I am not aware of any customer using SAP MES for refinery

Prashant

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Refineries are  continuous process industry which involves mass balancing technique for arriving at production/gain/loss figure . As far I know there are specialized software for refinery mass balancing and they  allow integration with process data control . These specialized software calculate all production figures (Production intake/output/gain loss) and push it to SAP (assuming SAP is book of records) . Now posting in SAP can be done via directly thru movement types or process order to allow product costing.

I am not aware of any customer using SAP MES for refinery

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anybody share some exp. on this issue