cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Method for creating and printing barcode with MII 12.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

This thread is to restart my previous question on barcode but providing some more restriction and information. Sorry for creating muliple threads.

Requirements:

Our client is using MII 12.2. They want to have reports printed with barcode on it. As they don't have a lot of SAP resources, MII is the only way they want to go. Which means they don't want to use SAP smart form. We need to identify the best option to create and print barcode.

Possible solutions:

The first solution we got is using the PDFAction package. It can generate the barcode and include it in a PDF file. However, according to SAP notes, any customized action block developed for V12.0 will not work in V12.2. Unfortunately the PDFAction package is one of them. I've tested it on our own system and found that the action blocks are not working properly in V12.2 after I successfully uploaded and deployed it.

The second solution is to create a customized barcode creating and storing action block. This action block can generate barcode as jpeg and store in the local file system. Then, we can display the barcode jpeg on the HTML page and print the webpage. I have created the action block and proved that this method will be working.

Questions:

1. What is the best way to create and print a barcode on MII V12.2? Any other suggestions or methods are welcome.

2. Does the PDF Action block really not working with V12.2 anymore? Anybody has a successful implementation experience?

Thanks for your response in advanced.

Best regards,

Lawrence

Edited by: Lawrence1009 on Mar 5, 2012 10:29 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

suhas_nagaraju
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

Please refer the thread [PDF actions in 12.2|;

Thanks,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been following that thread's instruction. However, it's still not working.

"I have found the solution. The latest version of iText.jar had been used in the zip instead of the older 1.4.5 version.

it now appears to be functioning correctly."

Does this mean I should use the latest version of iText but not the 1.4.5?

Best regards,

Lawrence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

Had the same issue about creating barcodes.

But deployed the barcode4j project into the Netweaver server, and it worked perfectly.

http://barcode4j.sourceforge.net/

Deployed the project using deployment view in Netweaver Developer Studio.

BR

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jens,

I'm new to Netweaver and have not used Netweaver Developer Studio before. Is there any documentation I can refer to? Thanks.

Best regards,

Lawrence