cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS - Overwrite Originals option effects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I searched but didn' found informations about my problem.

We developed some code in DEV system and want to transport code from DEV to QA, so we released TP in DEV.

But in QA, we developed some code that we want to keep and not to be overwritten by DEV code.

In QA, developpers are coding on some objects, TP are Modifiable (not Released).

If we try to transport code from DEV to QA with "Overwrite Originals" checked, will Modifiable TP on QA be overwritten ?

If "yes" and QA code overwritten, is there a way to rollback and active older versions of overwritten objects (like SE01 i.e) , in order to return to a QA condition as before the transport ?

Thank you for your help.

Benjamin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Why do you want to develop code in QA?

Develop any code in Dev and then transport to QA. Its not good practice to do development in QA.

Thanks,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Thank you for your answer.

This situation is an exception, we were forced to use QA for minor code development (in order to not lose time when DEV was not available).

Do you know what is the effect of transporting a TP from DEV to QA if a TP is Modifiable (not Released) on QA (same object in new version) with option "Overwrite Originals" ?

Thank you.

Benjamin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

When your import the Transport Request (TR) with "overwrite originals", the original objects in the traget system will be overwritten. If the original objects are domain elements, you must manually change back as they were before import of TR.

If the TR contains only program code, you can always see the previous version of the program from se38->utilities->version management.

If you have captured the programs and related domain elements of the package in TR already and imported from DEV with overwrite option-> the objects will be modified but the one already in TR are not changed. But you may get error while importing.

Better you have two clietns in DEV for two different modifications and move them to Quality for testing.

Regards,

Srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

Thank you for your answer.

So, if I checked "Overwrite Originals" and objects are released or NOT on QA, they will be overritten by DEV code ?

Thank you for confirmation.

Regards

Benjamin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Yes. provided the objects are not locked and are not in unconfirmed repairs. If you want to overwrite the objects belonging to unconfirmed repairs.. you have to select the overwrite option for unconfirmed repairs too.

Regards,

Srihari