cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS Error Transaction system failure in method rpData

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, just wondering if anybody has experienced this error and would have a clue. In one of our environments, ADS server returns this error for a few of our forms. These same forms work in all our other environments. And most of our forms DO work in this environment. So apart from checking our ADS configuration, does anyone have an idea why we could get this error FOR JUST A FEW FORMS, IN ONLY ONE ENVIRONMENT ?

( Guess if our logic was wrong in a few forms, they would not work in any environment. If ADS / SAP was not configured properly in this environment, none of our forms would work in this environment. Note that this environment was just refreshed from our production environment where everything works.) Thanks for your help,

Mireille

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member365727
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mireille,

Just a guess, on ADS server check for the table named 'ADS_TABLE' (i forgot the exact table name, hope this is correct one). This table stores all adobe form names used mainly for licensing. Clear this table and it should start working again.

Once the table is empty if user accesses any adobe form, this form technical name will be stored in the table again. (So no need to worry about adding the entries in the table once it is cleared as system adds the entries in this table)

If this doesn't solve your issue I would suggest to restart ADS.

Regards

Srikanth KV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth, could you please let me know how to access these tables on ADS ? Which tool do you use ? Some SQL tool ? thanks,

Mireille

former_member365727
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This table can be accessed from ADS visual administrator. Since ADS is some kind of J2EE, SAP provides Visual administrator tool for configurations. I think BASIS team would be able to find this information.

Regards

Srikanth KV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth, thanks again for your reply. We ended up replacing the images with smaller ones, and it fixed this issue for this environment. Now if we replace the image back with the bigger one, it still works, so we cannot even reproduce the error and see if clearing this ADS table will fix it. Too bad, I would have been curious... But thanks again !

Mireille

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we have noticed that if we remove all (PNG) images from the forms, they work no problem. Can anyone think of why this would happen, in only one environment, for just a few forms ? Thanks,

Mireille